Triple Negative Diet, advice please

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
yowyow
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Triple Negative Diet, advice please

Postby yowyow » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:42 am

Hi Jenny, somewhere (will look, think its in research section)
I found research that a sensible low fat diet with excercise cut cut recurrance rates for triple negs by
up to 50%

edit... found it but it was only what i read on BCORG - I will try and find the actual findings
Nav
every day without laughter is a wasted day !!!!

Blizz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Blizz » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:14 pm

Jenny-pop, I haven't found any specific information but I have been reading a lot about nutrition lately and made quite radical changes to my diet. I didn't think I was eating badly before, but the cancer has made me revisit a lot of my eating habits.
I cut out sugar, processed foods, drastically reduced meat and dairy, and upped my intake of veggies and fruit. I bought a juicer the other day too.

I struggle with exercise at the moment with chemo, I went for a run the other morning and just couldn't - it turned into as brisk as walk as I could manage.
But I read somewhere that quite strenuous regular exercise (>5 hours/wk) has been proven to drastically reduce recurrence rates in TNBC. That is what I was doing pre-diagnosis anyway so I will definitely get back to that.

I guess I am trying whatever might work and a lot of the diet and exercise stuff makes perfect sense - anything to beat this!

Lisa8
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Lisa8 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi Jenny

I have heard a low fat diet can help lower recurrence risk. I did ask my onc and he believes a sensible well balanced diet is the best advice he could give me. I also have increased my exercise which by going to contours which I believe helps me physically as well as mentally. Exercise has been well documented to lower bc recurrence risk as well.
I will be interested to see the advice others have been given.
Lisa :hugs:

jenny-pop
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Triple Negative Diet, advice please

Postby jenny-pop » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:43 pm

I have been hearing whispers about a certain diet that can lower risk of reccurance in triple negative women. I have heard its like tamoxifen for us triple negs.

Can someone point me in the right direction for some 'accurate' information whether it be a book or just on-line material. I would be grateful for some concrete info.

Triple Neg Diag: Sept'10. 28mm Grade 3 invasive DC. SNB, and Lumpectomy Sept 27th. Clear margins and node negative. Full clearance 1 positive node. Local recurrance Feb 2011, LB Mast. Chemo from Dec 2 2010 - June 10, 2011. 30x rads in July/Aug. Recon and prophylatic mast Oct 17 2011 and pregnant..

Return to “Triple Negative BC”