Triple Neg Newbie

To keep information about Triple Negative Breast Cancer together and easier to access.
geminigirl
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Triple Neg Newbie

Postby geminigirl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:55 am

Hello Bella39, :rose:

Thankyou for your message - we are almost identical. This is the sort of info I was looking for, thankyou.

I have some further questions for you if that's OK....

Did you react to the Taxol any differently to the AC? I have actually been alright with the AC, dealing with headaches more than anything - so hoping the Taxol won't be any different for me. The Neulasta I will absolutely continue with, not nice but as far as I'm concerned I am in the hands of my medical team and trust them implicitly, not that I won't ask questions if I need too. How were you physically by half way and then at the end having the chemo fortnightly, the nurses said it will be hard going, would be nice to know what to expect. I have felt better at around day 7-8 with both cycles and feels great to be able to do "things" again - not much but....

The funny part of all this is that I am an active, 100% healthy my whole life woman who really hasn't had any other sickness EVER!! This is probably the same with you, I am hoping this previous good health pulls me through. I need to be strong for my beautiful family because "if Mum falls apart everything shatters", I am very fortunate to have a capable husband in the kitchen and laundry etc.

Are you having radiotherapy now?

I am in country WA, travelling every fortnight to Perth for treatment, this was advisable by my onc. Fortunately I don't need to be away overnight from my family, the flights match well with my treatment.

All the very best for your recovery, it's people like you that make the world a better place :hugs:

geminigirl
Diagnosed 11/11/10 with triple neg cancer.
38yo, wife and mother of 3 aged 13, 11 & 2.
32mm grade III invasive ductal. Lumpectomy. No nodes involved & clear margins.
4 x AC, 4 x Taxol + Neulasta in Perth, 35 Rads in Adelaide.

jenny-pop
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jenny-pop » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:03 am

Hi and sorry you have to join us. I was diagnosed the same time as you almost to the day! I am triple negative and I have 2 boys, ages 3 and 19 months.

I am on TAC chemo every 3 weeks for 6 cycles. I am not sure of the differences for chemo but I 'think' try test your specific tumour in pathology and see what it responds to best. I may be wrong one of the more informed ladies may correct me. I had one tumor, 2.8mm and 1 node effected.

I have my 3rd of 6 chemo's today well in about 10 hours. I am only n the neulstata I have it every 3 weeks but my last does said to take every 2 weeks but I never followed it up, I might ask in the morning. the first time I had massive bone pain, second time I neve had any pain, well I only needed pain relief ice so very minor in comparison. So I am interested to see how I go this time.

Pm me if you ever want to chat. I also have a blog if you want the adress I will happily forward it, it justall aboutdiagnosos and my journey as a triple negative!

Good luck with everything and tale care!
Triple Neg Diag: Sept'10. 28mm Grade 3 invasive DC. SNB, and Lumpectomy Sept 27th. Clear margins and node negative. Full clearance 1 positive node. Local recurrance Feb 2011, LB Mast. Chemo from Dec 2 2010 - June 10, 2011. 30x rads in July/Aug. Recon and prophylatic mast Oct 17 2011 and pregnant..

Bella39
Guru
Guru

Postby Bella39 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:11 am

Hi Geminigirl,

I'm so sorry you had to join us but you will find this forum helpful.
I'm 39, triple neg and have 2 children 4 and 6.I had one lump 4cm, 2 nodes out of 10 and CT and bone scan all clear.
I had 4 AC and 4 taxol, fortnighly. And I'm on a clinical trial for Denosumab. My onc told me that triple negs respond particularly well to fortnightly treatment. I too had neulasta from my second treatment and while it gave me really bad bone pain post treatment I do think it helped me get through without any major problems. It didn't get worse with each treatment - about the same.
I had my last chemo on 22nd nov and now I'm busy growing hair and getting on with life!

Please PM me if you have any other questions - very happy to chat!

Bella
Diagnosed – July 2010. Left mastectomy and axillary clearance. 2/10 nodes. Triple negative. AC x 4, Taxol x 4, fortnightly.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:47 pm

The triple neg girls on here are an amazing , supportive and I may add very informed group.

Some have moved on a bit from the forum which in one way is sad but in another way is good because they are doing well and putting bc behind them.

You will get lots of support here and feel free to ask ANYTHING...

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

geminigirl
Guru
Guru

Postby geminigirl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Thank you all for your replies everyone. I feel some relief to have found you all :hugs: xx

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Gem, you should get lots of feedback relevant to you. Welcome and hope you get lots of comfort from the forum. :hugs:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

LuvMyLab
Superstar
Superstar

Postby LuvMyLab » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi Gem and welcome to the forum. YowYow will no doubt check in soon and give you loads of help and advice, she's a triple neg too. And she's all through the chemo and surgery and living large.

Good luck with the chemo and keep checking in here.

:hugs:

DancerMel28
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby DancerMel28 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi and wlecome.
I can't help too much with your questions regarding triple neg. But I just wanted to share some info I got at a BCNA forum about chemo regimes. The guest speaker Oncologisit showed us a graph that showed the evolution of chemo types and how it had changed from the 'one size fits all' approach to the now many types available and how they can tailor it to suit individual cases now. Might be worth having a chat to your Oncologist about why they chose this specific type of chemo for you??

I'm sure others will be around with more to add soon. :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 am

Hi and welcome, some links below that may be helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9690&hilit=triple+neg

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1908&hilit=triple+neg

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9662&hilit=triple+neg

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9425&hilit=triple+neg

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9009&hilit=triple+neg

Below is the results of a search in the search function of "triple neg", hope this helps. Good to see you post, lots of support here. :hugs:

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=triple+neg
Janette

geminigirl
Guru
Guru

Triple Neg Newbie

Postby geminigirl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:59 am

Hi everyone, I am hoping you can help me with information. I will apologise firstly for me "long-hand", over time I promise to improve.

I am happily married 38 yo with 3 children 12, 10 & 2. I was diagnosed with breast cancer 11/11/10, lumpectomy - 2 tumours together measuring 330mm 22/11/10, triple neg, no node involvement. CT & bone scan all clear. Commenced chemotherapy 29/12/10, AC for 4 cycles and then Taxol for 4 cycles on a fortnightly rotation. Started Neulasta with my 2nd cycle. I have a million questions and don't want to look too hard on the internet for fear of misinformation.

I wonder about the triple neg, there seems to be a certain hush and no definitive answers from anybody about recovery and/or recurrence? Can someone please explain what it is and what it may mean in the future. I understand that no node involvement is great news.

The chemotherapy has been OK.... Having the Neulasta with this cycle has knocked me around quite a bit, I wonder if that gets worse with each dose. Is anybody else on fortnightly rotation? EVERYBODY I talk to is 3 weekly. Is it the triple neg that puts me fortnightly? I am off for my 3rd AC on 25/1/11. Is the Taxol side-effects basically the same as AC.

This site seems like a very positive place to get some clear answers from those going through the same misfortune as I. I hope to be able to help people as much as I can on here too. :wink:

Return to “Triple Negative BC”