Insurance

For those with a High Risk of Breast Cancer -BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes, Family History, LCIS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SUE48
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SUE48 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Wow Sandra, you certainly have an insight into all this stuff.....and yeh...damn insurance companies do anything not to pay out, that's for sure...
We have our own self-managed super fund now....we got rid of my one and only super fund that had insurance.....but that was before by BC diagnosis.....so crikeys...that wasn't very smart....so yeh, just hoping and praying I stay healthy for a long time to come.
So send healthy vibes my way :clap:
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

Crystalady
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Crystalady » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:40 am

First diagnosed in Dec 1998. Thyroid cancer 2006. Thought I was free and clear after 10 years but no, mets in spine in Dec 2008. Femara stopped working October 2010.Was on Aromasin and zometa. Now taking Xeloda and Zometa.Xeloda not working Dec 2011. Tamoxifen started. Feb 2012 Now on Abraxane.

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Shame we have to think about these things isn't it...but if you mention that "C" word to insurance companies they run a mile....
Most of the policies I have read, you have a family history section to fill out....so can't avoid mentioning it...although having said that....most super funds offer insurance these days without having to do that..just not sure about the "known disclosure clause"...but that's not obvious in any of the paperwork I've seen my kids fill out...so what doesn't know them won't hurt them.... ignorance is bliss I reckon.
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby TanS » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:19 am

Thats a very good point Sandra. Its probably not something most people would think about at the time.

:hugs:
Tanya

Crystalady
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Insurance

Postby Crystalady » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:31 pm

This is a topic that nobody has brought up as yet, I think.

I remember seeing something on TV about the problems women would have getting any type of insurance if they were found to have this gene.

I will definitely be making sure that my daughter has crisis care, total and permanent disability, and life insurance policies in place prior to having any of these tests done. I know she has had to pay a little extra on the one policy she has already, because I have BC.

Sandra

:idea:
First diagnosed in Dec 1998. Thyroid cancer 2006. Thought I was free and clear after 10 years but no, mets in spine in Dec 2008. Femara stopped working October 2010.Was on Aromasin and zometa. Now taking Xeloda and Zometa.Xeloda not working Dec 2011. Tamoxifen started. Feb 2012 Now on Abraxane.

Return to “High Risk of Breast Cancer”