Nipple reconstruction

For those with a High Risk of Breast Cancer -BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes, Family History, LCIS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nicochick
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Nipple reconstruction

Postby Nicochick » Thu May 17, 2018 12:24 am

The more I read about it the better I feel about doing it x thanks janette :heart:
26 y o BRCA1 mutation, bilateral prophylactic mastectomy, expanders and silicon implants.

Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Nipple reconstruction

Postby Janette » Wed May 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi and welcome back. I had the nipple recon surgery and it was day only and almost no down time or pain. It was worth it to me and hides part of the scars. You can take your top off without feeling different.

Good luck with your decision. :hugs:
Janette

Nicochick
Wise one
Wise one

Nipple reconstruction

Postby Nicochick » Wed May 16, 2018 1:49 am

Hi all, been a while since I posted on here. Just lying awake at night thinking and thought why not ask ladies who have been down the same path.
I’ve had my preventative double mastectomy, expanders and change over surgery. Everything has gone as smooth as can be and I’ve healed well. Had a follow up appt with the plastic surgeon Monday who asked what I wanted to do about nipple reconstruction.... my initial thoughts were to just have the tattoos done, but after speaking to him I put my name down for the procedure, which he assured me is very simple and will just help to make it all look at bit more natural. Whilst also fixing up the mastectomy scar a bit.
It’s a hard decision because everything’s finally feeling semi normal, well new normal and I don’t know what to expect re the healing etc. is there anyone that has had a nipple reconstruction on here? What was your experience? Was it worth it?
I’ve ordered some temporary tattoos from https://pinklotusbreastrestoration.com/ so I’ll try them out and see how it feels just having the colour there. Such a strange thing to be thinking about, do I want nipples again?
26 y o BRCA1 mutation, bilateral prophylactic mastectomy, expanders and silicon implants.

Return to “High Risk of Breast Cancer”