BRCA1, tumour found - 30 years old

For those with a High Risk of Breast Cancer -BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes, Family History, LCIS
StephO
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BRCA1, tumour found - 30 years old

Postby StephO » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Oh and the breast swelling, nipple bruising, swelling under my under arm and pain there also is caused from the sentinel node biopsy.

StephO
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby StephO » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:26 pm

I saw the plastic surgeon today at Box Hill Hospital.

So because I have 1 child and being a single mum and possibly wanting more children when I find someone, the option for reconstruction from my stomach isn’t an options as I wouldnt be able to have more kids.
Also, I’m a size D and the fat from my stomach would only make a size C.
I don’t want to go smaller than what I am. It looks like I’ll be going for the implant option. But she said after I have more kids, then I can change from implants to the stomach in the future if I wanted to.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:56 pm

Great...let us know what she says. I'm sure it's the best thing to do. It's so confusing at this stage. I know when I was first diagnosed I was a bit hesitant to ask questions but I was always glad when I did. I found my medical team were always understanding and helped me a lot. There was no internet when I was diagnosed (maybe a good thing?) lol

Hugs Jezza xx
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

StephO
Guru
Guru

Postby StephO » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks, I’ll ring my breast care nurse tomorrow.
I’m so concerned how rapidly changes in my breast are happening

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 am

Yes I would definitely see my GP and /or ring your breast care nurse. It's always best to talk about these things with someone from your medical team. They can then advise you whether it's necessary to see a surgeon sooner. Public or private I think the care you get is just as good and remember you can still ask questions and voice your concerns in the public system.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

StephO
Guru
Guru

Postby StephO » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:29 pm

Actually... my right breast without cancer has shrunk........???? Why????

StephO
Guru
Guru

Postby StephO » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:30 pm

Wow that’s nice and quick Jezza.
I can imagine the shock, plus you run off adrenaline.

I have an appointment with plastics on Wednesday and Thursday. I haven’t been told re surgery yet. I wish I had private health insurance so it would be quicker.
I’m so afraid that it’s advancing and that I’m going to die and not be here for my son.

My breast is noticeably bigger than exactly one month ago (I have a photo and can see the difference as I did a pic collage to compare). I have constant pain.
The shape of my breast has changed from first diagnosis as well and obviously the size. It is uncomfortable to wear a bra as the size difference is at least a cup size now and it’s too tight on my left side.
Obviously this is aggressive because of these symptoms which is making me more upset.

Should I see my doctor on Monday regarding how big it has grown or call my breast nurse or call my surgeon?
I’m so upset tonight :-(

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:53 pm

I waited 6 weeks for surgery. I understand how you feel, waiting is awful.
Janette

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Yes....waitng is the worst. Are you sure it has grown so much? I know it's hard to stop feeling and prodding. I was told that It was definitely cancer (after biospy, ultrasound etc the previous few days) on Tuesday and was operated on Thursday. I was told there was no hurry and I could wait a few weeks but I said ASAP. I guess that's the good thing about private health insurance. My surgeon rang the plastic surgeon to make sure she was available and that was it. I went into hospital on Wednesday night, had a bone scan and was operated on the next day.

It was doing my head in and I think they thought that I was in shock (they were right!) and should wait. I think a breast cancer usually takes several years to become big enough to be detected so a few weeks shouldn't make any difference to the outcome although I understand how stressful that wait is.

So they haven't given you any time frame at all yet?

Hugs

jezza

StephO
Guru
Guru

Postby StephO » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:35 pm

I hate waiting. How long did you all have to wait from first finding the lump to being diagnosed, to having lumpectomy/mastectomy??

My tumour has grown since February 25th, when I had discovered the lump and the ultrasound showed a 2cm x 2cm tumour. It feel in the month since then it has grown very rapidly, almost feeling as though it had double in size (felt like the size of a grape).
Im so worried because growing so quickly can only mean it’s aggressive... which it is growing very quickly to feel like it’s doubled in size in a month????? I want this surgery and whatever else is needed (chemo/radio) to happen ASAP... because the chance of it spreading elsewhere.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:03 pm

do massage on your arm if you can -gently not too hard and it might help get the blood flow happening. Good its a bit better but of it persists please have it seen to.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

StephO
Guru
Guru

Postby StephO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Hi Ruth.
The numbness has started to go now which I good.
However, my upper arm is feeling “cold” or number, I’m not sure.
I do get carpal tunnel which wasn’t what the earlier numbing was because usually if I rest my hand it goes away straight away.
I know some of the nerves must be affected from the biopsy because I am getting some pins and needles and numbness in my pinky and ring finger which isn’t carpal tunnel.
Thanks for talking with me :-). I appreciate it

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 pm

best to go and see - has it got any better during today?
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

StephO
Guru
Guru

Postby StephO » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Nah I wasn’t laying on my hand.

They said if it doesn’t go tomorrow to call them.
Xx

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:59 am

good that's over with Steph - maybe you were lying on your hand whilst under anaesthetic?

Return to “High Risk of Breast Cancer”