LCIS

For those with a High Risk of Breast Cancer -BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes, Family History, LCIS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: LCIS

Postby Janette » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Just looking at my bio, it was 10/2005 I had the IDC DCIS and LCIS on both sides. Surgery only, because of the bilateral mastectomy and size and grade of tumour. I had the LCIS on the other side in 1997 and surgery only.
Janette

MagicKiwi
Your Maj
Your Maj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MagicKiwi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Janette what treatment did you have nine years ago?

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:45 pm

I understand exactly how you feel, it isn't cancer but it gives you a greater risk. I was overwhelmed I guess by it initially in that you couldn't really treat it and move on. Then as years passed I got less worried and really moved on thinking I wouldn't get BC. Well 9 years later I did, but found early and dealt with it.

I haven't kept up with the stats, but it seemed poorly understood back then and the unknown about how many ladies had it without any signs.

Good luck I hope you can move on ok, the detection tools are getting better all the time and the forum is here for support. :hugs:
Janette

mdel
Wise one
Wise one

Postby mdel » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 am

Thank you for the reply. The result is a very big anti-climax after the waiting and waiting. I feel i am left with the same fears as the other ladies without the emotional support. I am trying to forget about it but can't. Maybe i should just give it time. :(
Mdel

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Hi Mdel,
Yes I had LCIS diagnosed and got the same advice about 17 years ago. Had yearly checks and after 9 years, something was picked up on Mammo and I had surgery for IDC.

It is important that you do have the checks and personally I'm thankful that my check was done at a breast clinic. :hugs:
Janette

mdel
Wise one
Wise one

LCIS

Postby mdel » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:14 pm

The doctor removed a lump and said they found LCIS. He also said I have nothing to worry about and that I can continue with my life. He only recommend that I have mammograms done once a year. I would like to know if anybody else with the same results had the same advise?
Mdel

Return to “High Risk of Breast Cancer”