Waiting for results....kind of nervous :/

For those with a High Risk of Breast Cancer -BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes, Family History, LCIS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lisa8
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Waiting for results....kind of nervous :/

Postby Lisa8 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi Sarah,

I am BRCA 1 and 2 positive and have had a bilateral mastectomy with implant reconstruction. My surgery was done through the public system and didn't cost me anything. Due to my mutations I was category 2 so I only waited 3 months for my surgery.

I am turning 36 next month and am planning to have my ovaries and Fallopian tubes removed at some stage this year.

Good luck with your results,

Lisa x

Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Waiting for results....kind of nervous :/

Postby Janette » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum Sarah.

We have quite a few members who have BRCA1 or BRCA2 and at least one member with both genes. I think most eventually have had bilateral mastectomies to alleviate the risk and I'm sure it is covered by medicare.

Hopefully some members will relay their experiences when they see your post. :hugs:
Janette

Sarah.Hazel

Waiting for results....kind of nervous :/

Postby Sarah.Hazel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi all,

I had the testing for BRCA1 done not too long ago, as our family has a high occurance of BC (grandma & her siststers died before 50, aunty treated before 40)
Kind of freaking out....and just wondering who else has gone through this.

Also, does anyone know about health insurance companies and preventative mastectomys/reconstructions or if it is covered by medicare (though I would rather choose my own doctors) Also, as I'm 28, what are the chances of them letting me have one if the results are positive? I've had 2 kids, and not really looking at extending my family in the future....but will the age factor make them really dig there heels in and not let me have one?

Thanks for just letting me put this out there

Sarah

Return to “High Risk of Breast Cancer”