How long for results

For those with a High Risk of Breast Cancer -BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes, Family History, LCIS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Victoria
Hot-shot
Hot-shot
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How long for results

Postby Victoria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Had the blood test at RBH. They bumped me on to the urgent list. I've been told it's roughly a three month wait to get results. But the reason I was told is that they need to check every chromosome. Any subsequent testing of other family members will only take around two weeks.
There is a form of laughter that springs from the heart, heard every day in the merry voice of childhood, the expression of a laughter -- loving spirit that defies analysis by the philosopher, which has nothing rigid or mechanical in it, and totally without social significance. Bubbling spontaneously from the heart of child or man. Without egotism and full of feeling, laughter is the music of life.

Victoria
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Victoria » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Kerry

I'm being tested there too. How long were you on the waiting list for? I've been told around 6 months although they are trying to get me on the urgent list. How long did the results end up taking?
There is a form of laughter that springs from the heart, heard every day in the merry voice of childhood, the expression of a laughter -- loving spirit that defies analysis by the philosopher, which has nothing rigid or mechanical in it, and totally without social significance. Bubbling spontaneously from the heart of child or man. Without egotism and full of feeling, laughter is the music of life.

kerryw1
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby kerryw1 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks ladies. I am having mine done through the Royal Brisbane Hospital. I had my 3 month follow up with the rads onc earlier in the week and he said he would see if he could follow them up. So I guess I'll just keep on waiting (LOL - like there is any other option) :D

Cheers
Kerry
:heart:

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Kerrie I had mine done at the Royal Melbourne and they took about 5 months. As Sue said they do request you come in for the results even if they are negative for the BRCA genes. Good luck
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Blizz
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby Blizz » Fri May 18, 2012 5:58 pm

Mine came back in about 7 weeks, but they did say that was quicker than normal. Hope they won't keep you waiting much longer. Where did you have it done? At the RBWH?

SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby SueM44 » Fri May 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Mine took about 12 weeks.
I got it done in the public system and when I got my results I had to go in and get them, they wouldn't give them over the phone.
I think they made the follow up appointment when I had the initial testing.
When I got my results they sent me for further blood tests to confirm results and 3 months later I received a letter in the mail.
Maybe give them a call to make sure you haven't been firgotten and have an appointment time.
:hugs:
Sue :)
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

kerryw1
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

How long for results

Postby kerryw1 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi Ladies,

How long has it taken to get your results from BRCA testing back? I think I was told 6 - 8 weeks but I had mine back in February and I think we are now close to 12 weeks. Anyone else waited this long or longer?

Cheers
Kerry
:heart:

Return to “High Risk of Breast Cancer”