Sunday Night Channel 7

For those with a High Risk of Breast Cancer -BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genes, Family History, LCIS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hibiscusmum
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sunday Night Channel 7

Postby hibiscusmum » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks Sam :hugs:

angel33
Superstar
Superstar

Postby angel33 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:25 am

I saw you on the circle Sam...well done..u r an inspiration! :D
How did the FOW go? Im sure you blew them away :grouphug:
angel33
EBC 1997, bony mets Dec 2000, liver mets april 2007, chemo since

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Sam your daughter is a credit to you and should be very proud of herself. She is dealing with the hand dealt to her with courage way beyond her years. I wonder who she gets her strength from :wink:

Sammy
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby Sammy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:32 pm

I know I'm going off topic, but jollyjac and Michelle, what you said about your daughters is SO reassuring. I'm still going through treatment, and I honestly thought my 15 year old girl was the world's most insensitive daughter ("Jeez Mum, the whole world does NOT revolve around your breast cancer!")

Sometimes I just forget that ALL 14, 15 and 16 year old girls are so self centred. Such a lovely age.
Dx 11/2/11 RBMx clear margins 21/2/11 ANC 16/3/11 1 x node +ve. Not multifocal, unstaged.
-IDC 25mm gr 3 ER-, PR-, HER2+,
-ILC 16mm gr2 ER+, PR+, HER2-, infiltrating subtypes allover
13/4/11: 4 x AC, 4 x T + rads + herceptin + femera

Dec 2012 LBMx, bilat tram LCIS
Dec 2013 Lymphoedema R arm

Jollyjac
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Jollyjac » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 am

Well done Sunday night for sharing this special story with us in a positive manner.

I think Emma is such a gorgeous mature girl who is so positive in her approach to dealing with BRAC1.

Sam, as a mum my heart breaks for you, it must be so hard seeing your "little girl" face such tough unfair decisions, you must be so proud of Emma.

PS Michelle, my 16 yr old daughter went up stairs to her room as soon as the story started as well, BC is still very confronting for her, I'm not even allowed to talk about it in front of her.
Dx feb 09, aged 40 triple pos, multifocal 2.1cm, 1.5 cm IDC 2+ nodes
AC x4 Taxol x12 Herceptin Arimidex 1 yr - ceased due to osteoporosis
Zometa x 4, No hormone therapy

Crystalady
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Crystalady » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:39 pm

I agree Sam :clap: , but I really hate this disease and what it does to us all.

:hugs: Sandra
First diagnosed in Dec 1998. Thyroid cancer 2006. Thought I was free and clear after 10 years but no, mets in spine in Dec 2008. Femara stopped working October 2010.Was on Aromasin and zometa. Now taking Xeloda and Zometa.Xeloda not working Dec 2011. Tamoxifen started. Feb 2012 Now on Abraxane.

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Great story Sam. Good on you both for telling it like it is. Best wishes to your daughter as she makes some significant decisions.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

chickitrean
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby chickitrean » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:46 pm

My house hold all sat down and watched Sunday and found it very emotional, funny and inspirational. The kids loved the "Boobie Cake" and asked why didn't I have a boobie cake before or after my surgery hahahahah Sam your daughter is very inspirational and a great roll model for others, you must be proud of her!

mdobson70
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby mdobson70 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Sam your daughter is a wonderful inspiration. I cried all the way through the program. I asked my 16yr to watch it with me as she refuses to accept that I have BC. She would not watch the program and instead went up and sat in her bedroom. I hope one day she will think about it a bit more as she matures. Thankyou so much for your story x

Michelle
Dx Nov 2010 extensive DCIS, Dec 2010 Lumpectomy (no clear marg), Jan 2011 SNB (nodes neg) RB Mast
Grade 2 IDC ER+PR+ HER2-, Tamoxifen 5yrs

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:06 pm

Sam just finished watching Sunday and wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful and brave daughter! Congratulations to both of you for telling your story.

Tracey

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:22 pm

Sam,
I have no doubt that you and DD will inspire many. Well done. :hugs:
Janette

Samantha37
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Sunday Night Channel 7

Postby Samantha37 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:29 pm

This Sunday night on channel 7's Sunday Night program they are running a story on young girls with BRCA1 gene mutation and the choices they have ahead of them.

Myself and my eldest daughter Emma are featured. I hope lots of young girls watch it and realize it ISNT a death sentence but a great tool to be able to take your future in your hands and do something pro-active!

Sam :) xxx
Dream. Believe. Discover. Create. Inspire. Conquer.

Return to “High Risk of Breast Cancer”