Oncolink - high quality website for patients

including websites, bc organisations, knowledge bases and instructional material.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sue2211
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sue2211 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks for the link. Looks like an interesting site. I'll browse through it when I have more time
sue x
Diagnosed Feb 08. Lumpectomy and 2 sentinel nodes removed - negative. Medullary carcinoma, ER+, PR - , Her2 +.

janalex
Guru
Guru

Oncolink - high quality website for patients

Postby janalex » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:55 am

I haven't checked all of the postings here to see if this link has been posted already, but just found it this morning and think it is the best cancer website I've found yet. It covers a broad range of issues for us patients and the articles cover much of the information on the web but in terms that we have a better chance of understanding.

There are also video podcasts by Oncolink that can be downloaded through iTunes. Most of them are not relevant to BC but some of them are. They're large files, approx 130MB and take a long time to download (I'm waiting on one now so can't tell yet how watchable they are) so you need a good download limit on your net plan if you want to see them.

The link is , they even have a patient art gallery and a Coping section, with copies of papers presented at conferences, (e.g. Psychological Distress in Long-term Survivors of Adult-onset Cancer).
I lie awake with the sound of the sea calling to me.... (Voices In The Sky by Moody Blues)

Return to “General Reference”