Minister announces national breast prosthesis subsidy program

including websites, bc organisations, knowledge bases and instructional material.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kerri
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby kerri » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:01 am

:bump:

jo
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby jo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:38 am

As I had my replacement reconstruction done last month I was pleased to see it will be backdated from July 1,2008. I did ask at Medicare a few weeks ago about a refund & they said it was coming but didn't know any of the details. I have private cover so got some back from them last week.Cheers
Jo

lesleydonna
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby lesleydonna » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:31 pm

About time !!!! I dont wear a prosthesis and probably never will, but i really feel that this is an important thing for most women, especially those with only one breast removed. I cant believe its taken this long to get this covered.
Lesley
"Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be fish."

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

More:

Postby Belinda » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:12 pm

Here's a link to an information brochure - yipee - I am going shopping for new boobs! :clap: :clap: This will make a big difference to us in SA, because our State system (unlike some other States) doesn't provide prosthesis, Except (I think) for some public patients.

Bx
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Great news! Thanks Kerri!
Belinda

Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

kerri

Minister announces national breast prosthesis subsidy program

Postby kerri » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:32 pm

I recieved this letter via email today and thought it was good information the pass on to all of you. Just hope I've posted it in the right place:-

We are delighted with the announcement today by the Minister for Health and Ageing Nicola Roxon that a national breast prosthesis subsidy program is being established through the Medicare system for women needing new, or replacement, breast prostheses. BCNA Community Liaison Kay Ellis was with the Minister when she made the announcement today.

Women will be able to make a claim through Medicare from December 1, 2008. Claims can be made for a prosthesis purchased from July 1, 2008, so we are urging women to make sure that they keep their receipts.

BCNA's media release with further details of the program is now available on our website. Click here to view.

More information on the program can be found at the Medicare website www.medicare.gov.au

We are keen to hear from women about how the program is operating, so if you have any comments or feedback contact BCNA by email beacon@bcna.org.au or by phone on 1800 500 258 (freecall) over the coming months.

There have been many women, including BCNA members, advocating for a program such as this program over many years, so this is certainly something to celebrate.

Warm regards,

Michelle Marven

Michelle Marven
Policy Manager
Breast Cancer Network Australia
293 Camberwell Road
Camberwell Vic 3124
Phone: (03) 9805 2515 / 1800 500 258
Fax: (03) 9805 2599
www.bcna.org.au

Return to “General Reference”