New Zealand breast cancer resources

including websites, bc organisations, knowledge bases and instructional material.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lark
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

New Zealand breast cancer resources

Postby Lark » Tue May 27, 2008 6:17 am

I've added a section on New Zealand breast cancer websites to the Resources page - it's here http://www.bcaus.org.au/forum/informati ... ew_Zealand - a bit over half way down the page if this link doesn't work. (There's a link to the Resources page near the top of this page). If you know of any other breast cancer resources you would like to see added to the section or you see any errors, please email me the details at everest at bestcancersites.com or post here - thanks.

The New Zealand population in December 2007 was estimated to be 4,252,000 (source Wikipedia). The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation says "Each year approximately 2,400 New Zealand women and approximately 20 men are diagnosed with breast cancer."

I haven't seen any estimate of the number of people in New Zealand who've been diagnosed with breast cancer at some time in their lives. So I will extrapolate from a figure given for the USA by the American Cancer Society. They say "Right now there are about two and a half million breast cancer survivors in the United States" (source http://www.cancer.org). The current USA population is about 304 million (source Wikipedia).

Extrapolating to the New Zealand population, I estimate the number of Kiwis alive today who've been diagnosed with breast cancer at some time in their lives at about 35,000. My maths is a bit rusty - would someone good at maths mind checking that extrapolation and posting the result please?
Cheers,
Ed.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Reference”