After care for implants

including websites, bc organisations, knowledge bases and instructional material.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: After care for implants

Postby jezza » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:07 pm

When do you see your surgeon again? Do you have a breast care nurse assigned to you? They are great to ring up and chat to. Most people these days are given some gentle exercises to do I believe.

If you are very sore keep an eye out for any signs of infection...reddening, feeling hot around the scar site and if unsure get some medical advice...even just your GP.

No lifting is correct and I imagine you were told no driving as well.

It is uncomfortable at first but should improve with time. I really hope you have a breast care nurse as they are great to chat to.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Kathy W

After care for implants

Postby Kathy W » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 am

Hi everyone,

Had a air expander removed & implant put in left breast, 1.11.13, repair work to right breast implant, prior to this I had air expander put in LB, had a bi-lateral mastectomy & implant on right side, on 6.6.13. Not sure how to look after it all. Surgeon says go home & don't do any housework, lifting etc. Have had drain removed on 11.11.13. Very uncomfortable and sore, anyone have any practical suggestions. :(

Kathy

Return to “General Reference”