Are you looking for information on breast reconstruction?
Breast Cancer Network Australia has an online live resource where you can connect with ladies who have undergone various breast reconstruction procedures. These ladies are generously sharing their stories in words and pictures to help other women navigate through this difficult time.
Many ladies, just like you, have joined this private group and have gained support and information to help them when speaking to their surgeons to plan their surgery.
Some things that members have said:
Thanks for your photo diary, it's helped me already more than you know.
Thanks so much for sharing your story. At the plastic surgeon you only get to see final, well healed pictures and none of the belly. Posts from you have really made a difference as I feel I have a much better understanding of what to expect in hospital & don't feel quite so nervous.
I am slowly making my way through all the posts and photos. The photos are especially helpful. Thank you all so much for your frank and honest stories. I know I will find this page invaluable.
Conversations on this blog include
• Photo stories
• Implant and tissue transfer reconstruction
• Radiation and its effects on reconstruction
• Nipple reconstruction and nipple tattoos
• Pre-operative and post-operative tips
• Various other relevant breast reconstruction resources from the Australian media
How to join this group
1. Follow this link: http://www.bcna.org.au/group/61026
2. Request membership. Be sure to include a little story about why you are interested in joining.
3. Your request will be accepted promptly by the group facilitator and you can start viewing stories and connecting with women
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests