get free in-home govt funded childcare (centrelink wont tell you this)

Information about available support and assistance at all stages.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Sorry, just realised Janine already had placed it in this section :ouch: I tell you I've lost my marbles :ouch:
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:02 pm

:bump: :bump:
Bumping this up for anyone with little one's.....Karen would this help you?
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Janine » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:35 pm

It's not very obvious, LD.

I've now changed the name to 'Support & Assistance'. Maybe that will help.
Janine

lesleydonna
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby lesleydonna » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:44 am

Oh so there is a list DUH :ouch: lol. Thanks janine. :hugs:
Lesley
"Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be fish."

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:29 pm

Ok, have moved this topic about Exceptional circumstances - Claim for increased eligible hours and/or Special Child Care Benefit

There is on the Centrelink website.
Janine

lesleydonna
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby lesleydonna » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:05 pm

Great information thanks for that. Boy i wish i had known that four years ago. I really struggled with juggling part time work, chemo and looking after elliot who was 16 months old when i was dxd.

Is there a list on this site about the benefits/help you can receive after being dxd with bc. I know that the Enhanced primary care program has been of great benifit to me and i didnt know about that til Belinda told me.
Lesley

"Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be fish."

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:36 pm

That info is really vital as so many young women are computer savvy and access this site.

Janine, is there some way this can be moved to an important place so that it doesn't get lost?
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

flowerchild
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby flowerchild » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:35 am

Great info, thank you. I'm going to look into this here in QLD.

stellamp
Guru
Guru

get free in-home govt funded childcare (centrelink wont tell you this)

Postby stellamp » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:12 pm

hi guys,
did you know you can get free in-home childcare or free maximum hours for your kids at childcare centres
after bc diagnosis?

i have 2 children under school age and found it really hard to have the energy for myself let alone
the energy to feed/play/lift them. i have had in home help for 3 months for free- it was strange
having an extra person in the house at this terrible time but its been a godsend
during chemo. i couldnt have done it without my home helper- she's been great with the kids
and even helps me with some housework!

unfortunately, centrelink does not 'advertise' this and my breast care nurse said if you try and go through them they will give you
the runaround and major paperwork even though you probably are eligible.

it's called 'Increased childcare hours and/or the special child care benefit -in exceptional circumstances' and is given for 13 weeks.
i have reapplied for it and received it again for the rest of my chemo experience! -i have 2 chemo 'infusions' left - dont you love that word!! ...

The simplest way to access assistance is to call the childcare access hotline on 1800 670 305..not
sure if this applies to victorians only. they will provide you with details of nanny services or child care
centres that are accredited in your area...they will even fill out the paper work for you.

hope this is of help for all you mums with young ones. good luck guys.

Return to “Support & Assistance”