does anyone know if there is help with tafe courses after

Information about available support and assistance at all stages.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: does anyone know if there is help with tafe courses afte

Postby Marydean » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 am

Megg, there will be a student support unit of some kind at the TAFE, who help out with student welfare, counselling etc. They will be the ones who know about any schemes or scholarships on offer at that particular TAFE. There are usually eligibility criteria but since TAFE is all about eligibility and access there may well be some help that you qualify for.
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:11 pm

If you are on a low income you might be able to get a low income health care card. Then maybe the TAFE will take it into consideration. I can't see having BC makes it any different.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

megg32
Your Maj
Your Maj

Postby megg32 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Sorry that was a bit derr of me :D, I did mean financial help, I'm not on any benefits at the moment, I want to enrol in an Allied health Assistance course, and of course having had time off last year and being casual my finances aren't great so enrolling for one semester will wipe my savings out completely, I'm only working 23-25 hours a week but it's just enough to keep me off newstart I think :(

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 pm

I know a little about the funding also so PM me with what you really want to know and i'll try to help you. These days if you already have a degree they hit you hard for a TAFE course UNLESS you have a health care card or like you can enrol in a certificate course. There are many variations so you need to talk to course provider.
Dx 9/03 EBC
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 pm

I think there is if you are on a Centrelink benefit. I'm assuming you mean financial help.

You may qualify for some help to gain employment after cancer but you would have to make enquiries, possibly through Centrelink. I have no real idea but certainly worth enquiring.
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi Megg i have just been through TAFE and i have had cancer! I don't understand your question but happy to help.
Dx 9/03 EBC
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva

megg32
Your Maj
Your Maj

does anyone know if there is help with tafe courses after

Postby megg32 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:44 am

cancer treatment?

Return to “Support & Assistance”