Age article today

Technical information including statistics, diagnostic, genetics and research.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Joy K
Your Maj
Your Maj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Age article today

Postby Joy K » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:02 pm

There have been initial clinical trials already conducted on the hair analysis program. I came across them when I was searching for a suitable clinical trial for me. Thinkk they are moving on to the next stage of the trial.
Dx Oct 2010 with bc and abc with L4 involvement and skin mets. Chemo, mastectomy and rads. E+, P+, HER 2-. Arimidex/Aromosin/Xeloda now on Tamoxifen/Bondronat. Extra rads for skin mets.[/color][/size]

Crystalady
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Crystalady » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:34 pm

If you delve a little more on that article you will see the article about Hyperthermia treatment that they are trying to get into Aust. Very interesting. A guy with stage 4 Pancreatic cancer is still alive and well after 12 mths. They had given him no hope of survival. It's even supposed to help metastatic breast cancer. I googled it to get more info. I wish Aust was up with Germany with their treatments.
First diagnosed in Dec 1998. Thyroid cancer 2006. Thought I was free and clear after 10 years but no, mets in spine in Dec 2008. Femara stopped working October 2010.Was on Aromasin and zometa. Now taking Xeloda and Zometa.Xeloda not working Dec 2011. Tamoxifen started. Feb 2012 Now on Abraxane.

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:03 am

Oh yes I would much rather give a strand or two of hair than have to go through a mammogram. I love that they are moving forward with their research.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:51 am

No more squashed boobs!!!! wouldn't taht be great. Seriously, mammograms have proven to be unreliable for many women on the forum, not detecting cancers in dense tissue. Amazing to read how the researcher stumbled across this finding by chance. So much of science must be just being very observant.

SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Age article today

Postby SueM44 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 pm

I am constantly amazed on the new research that is happening.
This is interesting reading in the age today
http://www.theage.com.au/national/healt ... 1qjt4.html
Sue :)
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

Return to “Science & Research”