Possible new screening method

Technical information including statistics, diagnostic, genetics and research.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Possible new screening method

Postby SueM44 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:39 am

This is a fantastic development especially for ladies who have had radiation on their breast.

Mamo and ultrasound hurt like anything compared to the other breast and the radiographer only 'squishes' as far as my pain threshold will manage and it defenately doesn't go as far as the non radiated breast. This has concerned me as I worry I don't get as clear a picture on that side.

I didn't have to wait for my results last time. Dr came in and had another look during the ultrasound and said "I just wanted to tell you it's all clear." he said he could empathize with bc ladies as his mum had bc.
I thought this was very nice of him.

I wonder what the cost will be and if Medicare will cover any of it

Sue :)
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Possible new screening method

Postby JudyB » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Any improvement is good, I hope they can make one that you can use sitting down or standing. I am still having trouble lying on my tummy.
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Jane.S
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Possible new screening method

Postby Jane.S » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:18 pm

This sounds good hope it lives upto expectations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ancer.html
dx 5/2/08. Grade 2, 2.6cm ILC. lumpectomy/SNB 12/2/08. 3nodes removed 2 sus., margins clear, pr+ er+
6 x FEC. 30x rads finished 27/8/08. Tamoxifen for 22 months, then Femara for 20 months, then back on Tamoxifen for 18 months

Return to “Science & Research”