Sexuality and breast cancer

bc and treatment effects on sexuality, fertility, menopause, mojo ....
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sedgymum
Founding Member
Founding Member

Sexuality and breast cancer

Postby sedgymum » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:00 pm

On Thursday 5th July at 7.30pm the Ringwood Private Hospital has a guest speaker on the above topic.

I have spoken to the Breast Cancer Support Nurse and she is happy for anyone to attend. I have been to many talks at this hospital and they are always fun and very informative. Of course, they will need to know numbers so if you are interested, pm me and I will give you more details and the contact number.

This is the blurb from the Ringwood Private Hosiptal Cancer Support Newsletter.

Guest Speaker: Doreen Akkerman, from Cancer Council Victoria.

Doreen will speak about sexuality and breast cancer. Many women diagnosed with breast cancer experience issues with altered self-esteem and body image due to the effects of the actual diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and hormonal therapies. These can seriously impact on relationships and sexualty. Doreen has a wonderful way of bringing these "taboo" issues into the open and addressing them in a sensitive, empathetic and often "humerous" manner, and can offer some strategies and ideas for dealing to help women and their partners.
Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where troubles melt like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Sexuality & Fertility”