FORGIVING THE DAY

Information about complementary and alternative therapies.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Old Ruby
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

FORGIVING THE DAY

Postby Old Ruby » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:14 am

Many of us finish the day by being grateful for the blessings in our life, and that is a wonderful thing to focus on. Something that also helps you to release the events of the day is a little thing called Forgiving the Day. It is so simple to do. For example, the things I am forgiving in my day today are:

I forgive the girl at Woolies for knocking the aisle display over and having it fall into my trolley, and delaying me 10 minutes as I very annoyingly and grudgingly picked it all up as she walked off. Poor darling, it was not her fault that she was so distracted. She was talking on her mobile and was crying so soulfully, so something else was definitely preoccupying her mind. I forgive the distraught young thing.

I forgive the P-plate w#%$@r in the fast blue ute who fanged down the main street of Busselton going so fast he almost didnt see the teenager on his bike riding close to the parked cars, and a bad incident was averted because a burly pedestrian hearing him coming down the street stepped onto the side of the rode and waved the motorist to slow down. .. which he did, with a huge screeeeecccch on the brakes. The cyclist was so jolted by the sound that he fell off his bike, almost at my feet. It made me really angry at the time and I shook my little fist at the driver and called him a right sod (or words very similar..). I forgive him because he is young, inexperienced and probably just let his ego get hold of him for a wee bit. After all, it is the holiday season and new utes NEED to be seen! And I forgive myself for my own reaction....I dont know the reason for this yet, but it will come to me.

I forgive my son for leaving almost 3 litres of milk on the kitchen bench for about 10 hours in 34 degree heat today. Hmm, I guess it wasnt his fault that he is a vague creative soul whose mind is never on milk and other such trivial things.

I forgive my hubby for doing a load of washing this morning before he went to work, and forgetting to check any of the pockets for tissues, pens and the odd rusty nail. Its not his fault I have denied him so many opportunities to learn this skill.

I forgive the posty for delivering all my mail today to the people 300 metres down the road. Its so hot that his brain must be frying in that helmet of his, poor thing. And I forgive the grumpy surly neighbour who delivered it to me tonight - dont blame him for being grumpy cos that 300 metres from his to mine is all UPHILL.

And so it goes.... just forgive all the little and big incidents of the day and try to slant the reason with a positive statement - and if some humour comes into the equation all the better as it makes it easier to release the incident. If you are in bed and too tired to go through the day, just say something like " I forgive all the incidents, big and small, that inconvenienced or bothered me today, and I forgive the people or things that were involved in these feelings. For whatever reason, things happen that I dont always like, but I forgive it all and look forward to tomorrow. I ordain this under grace". I also say Amen at the end, but you can just leave it as is, or add your own blessing.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh sh%#t....she's awake!'

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “CAMs”