Melatonin - can't buy from the US any more

Information about complementary and alternative therapies.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Melatonin - can't buy from the US any more

Postby ruth1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 pm

I hear you Janette - thx for that i will remember wheni see Onc soon
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:54 am

:checkdoc:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:51 am

Thx Liv, I'm interested b/c I have had probs with sleep for ages and it seems to be worse since I had surgery and chemo. Soundslik abetter thing to take rather than sleeping pills. R
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

liv

Postby liv » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:36 am

yvonne :hugs: hopefully you get this sorted.

ruth - about 2 years ago i wanted to try melatonin, spoke to dr., he gave me a script, off i went to chemist, just about had a heart attack, cant remember exactly but cost around $50.00, i took them any way.
they worked ok, nothing like a sleeping tablets but ok, a very natural sleep.

no way was i going to pay $50 again so i purchased melatonin on line, cost about $8.00.
next time i went to dr's took a bottle with me i wanted to know what i had bought, if they were any good.
he had a good look and to my delight said that mine were exactly the same ingredients but a stronger strength as the ones that were on script...
anyone reading this, i wouldn't take my word on any of this, this is just my experience with melatonin

and i also found a pharmacist that would make melatonin up for me at a reasonable cost., even tho i didn't go thru with it.
....it would be well worth while finding a chemist that could explain things.

x

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Yvonne, you might be able to ask your GP for a script. The girl who sits next to me at work sees a GP who's just given her a script to help with her sleep. Worth asking about, since there's plenty of evidence about its benefits. Once you have a script, you should be able to order it from o/seas no problems, or you might be able to get some from a compounding pharmacy.
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi Yvonne, sorry to hear of this problem for you. I am interested to know what melatonin does. I know it affects sleep. By making it prescription here does that mean its still the lesser strength. Thx. Ruth

Yvonne
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Melatonin - can't buy from the US any more

Postby Yvonne » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:22 pm

I've been taking melatonin since dx with ABC 4 years ago. I've been buying it from the US since you can only buy homeopathic strength in Australia. Now they've made it a "prescription only" drug here and so all the US sites won't send it! Soooo annoying, as I'm convinced it's what's kept me stable after being told I only had two years to live!!!
1999 Chemo, Radio, Mastectomy & Reconstruction. Oct 2008 Mets to lungs, liver, spine, adrenal glands, spleen. 6 cycles docetaxol. Now on Femara and Zometa. April 2009 - decided the liver mets weren't mets!! Changed from Femara to Tamoxifen after suspected progression. Feb 2012 now on Aromasin.

Return to “CAMs”