Lymphoedema self-massage dvd?

Information about conventional breast cancer treatments - inc surgery, chemo, rads, hormonal, reconstruction, lymphedema, side effects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kerrie
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Lymphoedema self-massage dvd?

Postby Kerrie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi Yvonne,
I developed lymphoedema a few months ago and have been going to my local hospital where there is a trained therapist.
She gave me hand outs on massage which are very helpful and explain things very well.

Next week i am going to Mt Wilga Private Hospital where there is a lynphoedema rehab clinic.
I will be going there everyday for a month for 2 hrs a day... monday to Friday.
They do massage, laser and then bandage, and after 2 weeks they order a sleeve and glove for your specific size. They then continue the same treatment for another 2 weeks until your sleeve arrives.

Not looking forward to the bandaging at all but if it gets my arm down it will be worth it.
They also gave me booklets on self massage so if you wanted some copies i could send them to you.

Kerrie
DX Oct 2009. 15mm tumour. Grade 2 Stage 2. 2/18 nodes pos. OES/PROG + HER -

Yvonne
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Yvonne » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:35 pm

Yes, thanks for that. I've done a lot of googling myself but not really found a good video demo of it. Just thought someone might know of something that might not necessarily come up from a google.
1999 Chemo, Radio, Mastectomy & Reconstruction. Oct 2008 Mets to lungs, liver, spine, adrenal glands, spleen. 6 cycles docetaxol. Now on Femara and Zometa. April 2009 - decided the liver mets weren't mets!! Changed from Femara to Tamoxifen after suspected progression. Feb 2012 now on Aromasin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Janette

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Yvonne, I don't know of one but maybe you should try Youtube. I know that sounds stupid but they have a lot of things like this. Just go to www.youtube.com and put lymphoedema self massage into the search area.

Good luck

Judy
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

Yvonne
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Lymphoedema self-massage dvd?

Postby Yvonne » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:38 am

Hi - just wondered if anyone knows where I could watch a video or buy a dvd showing how to self-massage. I've kind of been shown, and had a little booklet, but from looking on the net there's a lot more to learn about it! Done some searching, but can't even find one to buy!
1999 Chemo, Radio, Mastectomy & Reconstruction. Oct 2008 Mets to lungs, liver, spine, adrenal glands, spleen. 6 cycles docetaxol. Now on Femara and Zometa. April 2009 - decided the liver mets weren't mets!! Changed from Femara to Tamoxifen after suspected progression. Feb 2012 now on Aromasin.

Return to “Treatments”