Reports about women discontinuing tamoxifen and AIs

Information about conventional breast cancer treatments - inc surgery, chemo, rads, hormonal, reconstruction, lymphedema, side effects
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Reports about women discontinuing tamoxifen and AIs

Postby Janine » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:58 pm

December 15, 2006

Intolerable Side Effects Primary Reason Women Discontinue Use of Aromatase Inhibitors
Breast Cancer Action (BCA) released a report today, in conjunction with a poster presentation at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (Abstract #3131), on the side effects of aromatase inhibitors (AIs). The report, Side Effects Revealed: Women’s Experiences with Aromatase Inhibitors, analyzes 612 women’s responses to an online survey of the drugs’ side effects. The full report and comments from survey respondents are online at .

Also:

I gave up Tamoxifen after three years because of side effects. That was in 2001 and I wonder why I wasn't offered an alternative - perhaps there wasn't one then.
Janine

Return to “Treatments”