Hi

Personal welcomes to new members. Birthday greetings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Hi

Postby The new girl » Mon May 21, 2018 11:06 pm

:hugs: thanks Janette and judy,yes it's been hard,I am very tired but most of all I am so stressed about getting cancer again,almost all of my aunts and uncles on dads side have had cancer I feel like I am doomed
Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun May 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi Rosa,
I just saw this thread. I'm so sorry for what you've been through, losing your Mum. It sounds like you're running yourself ragged looking after everyone except yourself.

Try to take a break for your own health sake. :hugs:
Janette

JudyB
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby JudyB » Fri May 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Oh Rosa, i'm sorry you have had such an awful time and lost your mother. Please look after yourself, your health is so important to you.

Judy
DX Sep 09, LB mast with axillary diss. Grd 2 Ductal Carc. 50mm diam. Margins clear. 1/13 nodes. OR+ PR+, HER2- . FEC x 3, Taxotere x 3, RADS x 30, Tamoxifen, DIEP reconstruction April 2011, Femara 2013, Oophorectomy 2013.

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Thu May 17, 2018 4:46 pm

:hugs: thanks school teacher. I will try and take a break soon
Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:28 am

Rosa so many changes in a short time - trying to run your own business and manage this situation is way too much for you - what about the rest of the family? Surely someone else can help with your Dad and his house upkeep too. Please watch that you don't get depressed with all the stress around you Rosa. Your health should be a major priority at the moment.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu May 17, 2018 7:25 am

I’m so sorry for your loss Rosa. It sounds as if you are the strong one, looking after everyone else. Don’t forget to look after yourself too :hugs:
I nursed dad in his final weeks and watched him take his final breath. In the end, you want their suffering to stop. We all cope so differently. :hugs:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm

:hugs: hi Ruth thanks for your reply,I am very tired trying to run two houses and working,we go and stay with dad a few times a week,so I can cook and give him company he lives in a very big house,at the moment he is happy to stay there,I need a break
Since before Christmas I now work for my self as a sole trader,I kept all my clients and more they are all lovely people.
I haven't had much time to come on the forum but was also not in a good frame of mind.
Rosa

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:35 pm

Dear Rosa, I thought about you a couple of days ago and noted to myself that I must get in touch as I haven't for so long. I am so sorry to hear that your Mum has gone and you've been through so much during the past 12 months and more. It is such a dreadful illness to go through with trying to keep loved ones and home all together at the same time especially when you have to work as well. You must still feel exhausted after all pof this so I hope you are taking care of yourself a bit now. Who is looking after your Father now? :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Hi

Postby The new girl » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi everyone,haven't been on the forum for a long time. Not sure if anyone remembers but I posted about mum being diagnosed with secondary cancer to the liver,but no primary found, twelve months ago,mum passed away one month ago.
It was very quick towards the end,they gave her lots of hope during tests while doing chemo but once chemo stopped before Christmas it had advanced very fast. I feel like I've been to hell and back,she was in hospital and palatine care for a month and a half all up at the Olivia Newton John centre here in Melbourne, I was working going to the hospital then going to dads place to cook and having late dinners,dad needed us to stay to support him and wanted company,dad spent the whole day with mum,they never accepted it was terminal from the beginning so it was very hard trying to explain yo dad that there was nothing else doctors could do. I was with mum till the end and watched her take her last breath,it was an experience very peaceful,everyone was in a sitting room,dad could not watch her towards the end. Thanks for reading :crybaby:

Return to “Welcomes and Birthdays”