Waiting in test limbo

Personal welcomes to new members. Birthday greetings.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Waiting in test limbo

Postby ruth1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:28 am

you are doing the right thing - I googled so much it sent ne completely nuts!! I then switched to doing as much stuff as I could and that distracted me - just get through each day as well qas you can. The wait is torture and yes every little thing you imagine to be the worst so you are reacting as we all do. Hope the weekend has some nice time in it. xxx
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Bollenowski

Postby Bollenowski » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:38 pm

Thanks for the replies, everyone, I really appreciate you taking the time to offer your support.
My mammogram is scheduled for next Monday afternoon, and I've been told that they'll be able to tell from there if the other tests are necessary. I'm trying my best to stay positive, and hope that everything will come back fine and there will be nothing to worry about. I'm also trying to not obsess about every little pain or niggle - and have banned myself from Google! I'm trying to keep days as full as I can to keep my mind off things. I won't know anything for sure until the test is done, so will try and stay positive!

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 pm

:wave: hi, welcome from me as well. Like everyone has said waiting is the worst part.
Ask any questions you have,hope you can let us know how you get on with results
Rosa

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Waiting and not knowing what is happening is the worst. Take it a day at a time. We are here to keep you company

Mighty Oak
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Mighty Oak » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:34 pm

Hi there Bollenowski and welcome,
Waiting for tests and the subsequent results can be stressful. It's great that your gp is on the ball and treating it with urgency it deserves. All lumps, dimples, pain, discharge etc., should be looked at promptly. If it turns out to be nothing, that's fantastic. I had a mammo and ultrasound on Jan 4 this year. The radiologist faxed the results to my gp the same day. After visiting gp the next day I had an appointment set up with a breast surgeon a week later. He ordered more tests, a core biopsy, ct and bone scan. My tests came back showing a large, aggressive tumour. I started on 6 months neo-adjuvant chemo on Jan 20. The first few weeks of my diagnosis were really hectic and I wondered how I would cope with it all. It does settle down a bit when the doctors have all the info they need and have devised a personalised treatment plan.

A few years ago I had a benign ductal papilloma. It was discovered because of an enlarged lymph node in my armpit.
Hugs,
Mo xxx

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:31 pm

I agree...waiting for tests and results is the pits.

Did you get any results from the mammogram/ultrasound/fna?

It seems like you have a great GP to get onto having all the proper tests so promptly. Very hard not knowing what to expect but the members here will help you along the way. We have all been through that awful time of waiting and know how you feel.

Please keep in touch....what tests are you having next week?

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:37 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. Always important to get a lump in the armpit checked asap. You've done the wise thing and your GP is straight on to it.

We've all been in this waiting pattern and it is a stressful time. Please let us know how the tests go. If positive, you may be scheduled for surgery or they might start a chemo regime to shrink the lumps first. Good luck next week. :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:06 am

Welcome to our forum - right place to be for any questions. Sorry to hear of your concern but you are definitely doing the right thing in addressing it now and having the tests done. The waiting is a bit stressful. When I had mine done 4 years ago I had a mammogram to start but with dense breast tissue you may go straight to ultrasound. I had the ultrasound next because my lump showed on the mammogram as breast cancer so the ultrasound was to see if there were other small lumps not picked up on mammography and also to see if my nodes in my armpit looked clear. They then did the needle biopsy which hurt a bit but was ok. I was told that I had the disease on that day then I was referred to a surgeon within a few days. I was a public health system patient without private health care and found the care I was given was really good.

Ask us all any questions and the great women on here are all happy to share their experiences and advice.
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Bollenowski

Waiting in test limbo

Postby Bollenowski » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:44 am

Hi everyone,

I just joined you yesterday, basically just looking for how things started for people. I've had a lump in my armpit for a few months - it wasn't sore or anything, so I just kept an eye on it. It started to get a bit bigger, and then I noticed a "dimple" on my breast on the same side :( I dont think I can feel any lumps, but my breasts are massive, so it's a bit hard to tell. I went to my gp, she had a look and a feel, and basically said she wasn't going to muck around with it and sent me off to have a mammogram/ultrasound/fna. I'm only 38, but had a complete hysterectomy last year and have been on hrt since. My tests are scheduled for just over a week away, and I can't help but feel a bit panicky! I'd love to hear from anyone about what to expect next. Thanks!

Return to “Welcomes and Birthdays”