Links in digest do not work, so hard to respond to questions

Important notices, instructions and information about this forum. Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct and Privacy.

Please post any suggestions, questions or problems with this forum here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Links in digest do not work, so hard to respond to quest

Postby Janette » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi Anmari,
The Digest links seem to work perfectly now.
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi Anmari and all members,
The link in the digests should be fixed, Anmari would you or would someone be able to confirm this when you get your next one? I'm due for one tomorrow morning but would appreciate confirmation earlier if possible.

Below is the reply I received about choosing the digests to subscribe to:-

"I had a look into the saving of digests and it does work, but not very intuitively. You need to make sure you have 'All' unticked if you want to only select a few specific forums".
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks Anmari,
I have someone working on the links now, I will also ask him to look at the digest options ability to save the choices.
Janette

anmari
Guru
Guru

Postby anmari » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi Jannette,

More info for you

Just received todays digest after trying to select forums and it was the full one again. So went back to forum selection and all the boxes were ticked. Unticked some again and saved. It says options saved, but does not show the revised list. if one then goes back to the list to check, all the boxes are ticked again. Looks like the save is not working.

Also re the links in the digest - if it seems to work for you when logged onto the server or on your local server (not sure how you test it) it may be a link that works for you but not externally?

http://bcaus.org.au/home/httpd/vhosts/b ... ocs/forum/

- the middle bit look more like a directory spec than a web url ?

Hope that helps.

regards,
Diagnosed Aug 2005 (ER+), lumpectomy, chemo, mastectomy, radio, arimidex
Bone Mets Sep 2009, aromasin, bonefos, megace, fareston, scan briefly improved, then worse again, Nov 2010, Xeloda,

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Anmari,
That's great, I thought there were options there, thanks for letting me know. The other problem I'm sure can be fixed, I will arrange that asap. :hugs:
Janette

anmari
Guru
Guru

Postby anmari » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi Janette - had a browse around again - previously got stuck on digest basics, but now saw the side menu and managed to tailor the digest I think.
Thank you once again - I knwo it's difficult balancing features vs simplicity!
Diagnosed Aug 2005 (ER+), lumpectomy, chemo, mastectomy, radio, arimidex
Bone Mets Sep 2009, aromasin, bonefos, megace, fareston, scan briefly improved, then worse again, Nov 2010, Xeloda,

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi Anmari,
Thanks for you feedback. I didn't realise this was happening and I'm reasonably certain we can fix this.

I thought you could subscribe to only what you choose to. I will be looking into this as well. Again thank you for letting me know. :hugs:
Janette

anmari
Guru
Guru

Links in digest do not work, so hard to respond to questions

Postby anmari » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi, Thanks so much to all who make these forums possible - very valuable.

Just thought I'd let you know that in the digest although the topic headings have links, these links do not work - they result in a 404 not found message. It would be nice to be to go straight to a topic in the digest so that one can more easily reply to questions and comments.

(Also I could only find out how to get the whole digest - might be nice to be able to just subscribe to categories? I know how helpful I found being able to find people with similar experiences, so I get the digest so that I can monitor and add my bit if necessary, however sometimes there is a lot of social chitchat which bulks the digest out, so I'd prefer to just receive the secondary and info categories for example Or maybe if you had a link to categories at the top of the digest, so one can scan more easily? )

Thanks once again

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Notices and Information about this forum”