Disappearing Posts

Important notices, instructions and information about this forum. Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct and Privacy.

Please post any suggestions, questions or problems with this forum here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Disappearing Posts

Postby Janette » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Good idea, I've done that on occasions and also with emails, lost too many of those too.
Janette

hibiscusmum
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby hibiscusmum » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:13 pm

I've right clicked & pressed copy, just in case I lose it, then I can just paste it on a new post. That's if it's a big one :wink:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Deb,
I have had to press the back button a couple or more times, never the refresh though in my case.
Janette

Deebee
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby Deebee » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:57 pm

I tried all those things refresh and back button and there was nothing to submit should I have pushed it again.
It probably doesn't help that as Im in a retail shop I can't always construct a post in one go and have to serve customers inbetween.
So I think for me if I have any lenghty posts I will just save in word and paste it to the forum.
For short posts like this Im sure it will be fine.

Deb

hibiscusmum
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby hibiscusmum » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:27 am

Phew thought it was just me & my pc :ouch:

happened yesterday managed to refresh, after clicking the back button a few times & there it was :clap:

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks Janette for the tip....I'll try it out next time it happens
Even though its frustrating....the amazing side to it is that .....great minds think alike..at the same time....its the sisterhood !!
Gotta love that !!
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Just another thing worth trying and it has worked for me is to use the go back arrow in your browser and see if the post is there. Please let me know how you go because this needs further investigation, we can't have people losing their posts if there is a solution. Again I'm sorry this is happening.
Janette

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:30 am

Hi Janette
So glad its not just me :pmsl:
They actually disappear from the screen though and go in a black hole.
You can't press submit again, cos there is no message there...and yeh, have looked in drafts...and can never find anything....very weird...and frustrating....
Wow Deebee...I love your perserverance...I usually give up the first time :crybaby:
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Hi Deebee.
I'm sorry you've had problems, losing a well thought out and lengthy post is so fustrating. With the times that someone is posting at the same time, you just need to press the submit button again at the bottom of the post to post it.

Another thing worth checking is the your User Control Panel link at the top of the page and Managed Drafts at the side of the panel, always check there for a disappeared post. :hugs:
Janette

Deebee
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Disappearing Posts

Postby Deebee » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:59 pm

I have noticed it mentioned a few times in threads that when posting, the post just disappears. Girls have said this seems to happen when 2 people are posting at the same time.
Yesterday I was writing a rather long post when I went to post it it vanished. So off I go and start typing it again (wasn't quite the same 2nd time around). This time I thought I would save it before i posted it only to find that it only saves the topic and guess what it vanished again.
So today I thought I would try again (3rd time lucky) but this time I typed it in Word and then copied and pasted it to the forum when I had it finished. If this hadn't worked I think I would have given up.
I found this to be so much easier and less stressfull (plus it has spell check).
Hope this can help those that have had the same problem. Partcularly with those long posts.

Dee

Return to “Notices and Information about this forum”