Forum to be archived to read only from 25 August 2020

Important notices, instructions and information about this forum. Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct and Privacy.

Please post any suggestions, questions or problems with this forum here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kerri
Guru
Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Forum to be archived to read only from 25 August 2020

Postby kerri » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:17 am

I have only just been made aware of the forum closing. What a shame, but as you have said Jeanette, there are many other ways to keep intouch with each other. I can't believe the forum is 15yrs old, what a wonderful resource it has been. It has been a place of love, laughter, tears & best of all, it's been a place where new friendships have been made. I have a lump in my throat as I remember the chats, gatherings, photos, the music video that was created at one of the Adelaide gatherings & can still be viewed on You Tube. It has been a life line for us Pink Ladies & will always remain an important part of our journeys. I'm will always be grateful to those who created the forum & kept it running. I send my love to all those who I came to know from 2007 when I was first dxd. It's with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to the forum.
kerri (^_^)
dxd '07 age 36 with stg 2 grd 2, prog & est+ receptor 3cm. IDC, no node involvement, lumpectomy, rads & Tamox.
Strong family history of bc including my Mum who was dxd 2 months before me.
In 2007 I had a risk reducing oophorectomy and in 2010 had mast. & lat. dorsi recon..

Janette
Forum Legend

Forum to be archived to read only from 25 August 2020

Postby Janette » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:38 am

After careful consideration we feel it is time to archive the forum at the end of August 2020. It has been running now for 15 years and has been a great resource for so many women.

However there are now many more options for women to seek support, and this has meant registrations and activity on the forum has decreased.

The forum will still be available as read only and still at http://www.bcaus.org.au. Please note that treatments may have changed since 2005 and some information may be out of date.

We are inviting current Members to post a tribute to the original founders of the forum, Janine and Cheryl, to those we have lost to BC (or other causes) and on what the Forum has meant to you. We will accept posts up until 25th August.

Many thanks for your support over the years.

Cheers Janette
Admin
Janette

Return to “Notices and Information about this forum”