Superficial Lump

Important notices, instructions and information about this forum. Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct and Privacy.

Please post any suggestions, questions or problems with this forum here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Superficial Lump

Postby schoolteacher » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:34 pm

Hi TimTam
I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies. I haven’t logged in for some time and the forum must have been very quiet while I was away.
No doctor can tell if a lump is cancerous or not by looks alone. A biopsy is the only way to know for sure. I hope this was checked out by the breast surgeon with a good outcome.

TamTam
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Superficial Lump

Postby TamTam » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi :) Hope everyone is well.

3 months ago, i felt a lump under my left areola. I had no pain with it so I went to my GP to get it checked. He sent me for an U/S which showed 3 possiable things, a subcutaneous node, sebaceous cyst or a fibroma. So my doctor sat down with me and explained that they actually couldn't tell if it was a cyst because they couldn't tell if the lump was fluid filled or not. He also told me that I shouldn't have anything to worry about. 2 months have now passed since then and the lump is now the size of my areola and my nipple is quite painful. where my nipple is has changed shaped and kinda looks like it is being sucked inwards. No other symptoms, no fever, just lump, sore and sucked in nipple. My doc made an appointment with a breast surgeon next week to get checked properly. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation? and what your outcome was. Thank you.

I might add that the reason that my doctor thinks there is nothing wrong because my lump is superficial so its just there on the surface under my areola.. not deep in the tissue like a "typical" cancerous breast lump

Return to “Notices and Information about this forum”