Forum Updates

Important notices, instructions and information about this forum. Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct and Privacy.

Please post any suggestions, questions or problems with this forum here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Janette
Forum Legend

Re: Forum Updates

Postby Janette » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 pm

We have had some updates to the forum to make it more functional with the order of the posts. As well some security updates.
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:07 am

Thanks Mel, always good to hear from you. :hugs:
Janette

DancerMel28
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby DancerMel28 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:29 am

New forum look is great! Still working out some of the new things but what a great upgrade :D

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby winterlong » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:39 pm

it is fixed janette!
You are a genius
thanks.
:hugs: :heart:
(fun for the easily pleased :biggrin: )

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:10 pm

WL,
Could you check the upload avatar for me again? I hope it is fixed.
Janette

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:53 pm

Yes you need to make the order by date to make sense WL. I've been looking for a way to make it the default but can't find a way.
Janette

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Thanks J.
yes, sort of figured out the descending post time thingy..
however it still seems a bit awry with some threads being much older befor newer threads..perhaps date would fix this?(even explaining the problem is difficult. :clap: :D :D )

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:49 am

Yes the User control panel allows you to set the direction and order of the overall forum. Below each forum or subforum allows for that forum or section eg. Angels threads run ascending in the past.

I think it is great that users can determine their own preferences but it can be confusing for some. The order by date should be the default IMO but doesn't appear to be. I'll look into that further, it is a vast improvement of the software from my point of view.

WL I am looking into the avatar uploads.
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:32 pm

In user control panel select post time and descending It seems to default to author. You can do it below the bottom post also but have to do this for each thread you read unless you go to control panel.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:06 pm

Yes the replies seem out of order? Something I'm doing?

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

winterlong
Superstar
Superstar

Postby winterlong » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi jeanette,
This looks pretty. :)
I admit I'm a bit disorientated though, and despite using the new posts and unread posts buttons..it seems really hard .

Also, can you allow changes of avatar pictures please?
When I get bored, i like to update photos with the seasons. :biggrin: :wink:
well done on the upgrade..
hopefully I'll adapt soon. :P
winter. :heart:

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:27 pm

:wave: thanks for letting us know Janette
Rosa

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:44 am

The forum is being upgraded to the latest version of the software and should show vast improvements for use on mobile phones and tablets. This should happen on Monday so there could be a short outage while it goes live.

The will be some differences in that your User Control Panel will allow you to choose the direction of posts eg latest first as now or vise versa for each section. Also the option to set whether posts are shown in order of date or other options like the poster. You will need to choose date to continue in the same way as this forum has since installation.

I hope you like the changes. Please let me know if any problems.
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up Janette :thumbup2:

Janette
Forum Legend

Forum Updates

Postby Janette » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:40 pm

The Forum is having some updates done currently and may have a short outage some time next week.
Janette

Return to “Notices and Information about this forum”