Our Logo

Important notices, instructions and information about this forum. Terms and Conditions, Code of Conduct and Privacy.

Please post any suggestions, questions or problems with this forum here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
angel33
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Our Logo

Postby angel33 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:31 pm

I just caught up with this thread...it looks great.
well done...I look forward to seeing your cap jetj
angel33
:happydance:
EBC 1997, bony mets Dec 2000, liver mets april 2007, chemo since

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:14 pm

Christine,
Thanks for your feedback. If I tried to open the file the anti virus program took over. I don't use IE or MS operating systems so I guess windows is treating it differently. If it saves it as a file, it should be ok. The easy way to check is to email it for a quote to an embroiderer and make sure they can read the file when you are ready to use it. Not a bad idea to do what I did and check it out on their computer to make sure it looked alright.

I can email you a copy if you like.

I'm having a cap embroidered with the logo at the moment, when I pick it up I will post a pic to show what it looks like on a pink cap. Also some patches that can be sewn onto a garment.

I would appreciate anyones feedback if they download the file.
Janette

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Janette, i clicked the link but didn't get an option to save or open. It opened when i clicked on link and i certainly couldn't read it!! Do you think it would work OK if i just saved it on USB drive?
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Thank you all for your comments.

The logo file which is an embroidery application file is now downloadable from the entry page to the forum at
http://www.bcaus.org.au The link is below the first paragraph and the echidna and pink ribbon.

Click on the link.
An option to open or save the file should appear
Click to save the file, you will not be able to open it without the software for a dst.
Save it to your harddrive or thumbdrive or CD to take to an embroiderer
You will not be able to view the file.

Any problems please let me know. :hugs:
Janette

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby kiwijan » Sat May 28, 2011 1:49 pm

I like it. If you cross your eyes just right it almost looks like a kiwi :pmsl: :pmsl:
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Sat May 28, 2011 11:47 am

I like it because its distinctive. The echidna gets away from the daffodil, pink lady type thing and is memorable. I also like the echidna because Janine took the photo and started the forum so she will always be remembered as ppl ask .."Why the Echidna?"...lol Also I like the name in full. When people see a web address to do with breast cancer they often think of BCNA not BCAUS

I think I prefer it without the border but maybe if I saw it on a shirt I would think differently..

Thanks Janette, Advanced BC Group QLD and all others involved.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:55 pm

Love the logo, well done Janette :clap:
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

LuvMyLab
Superstar
Superstar

Postby LuvMyLab » Fri May 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Love it Janette!

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Fri May 27, 2011 10:40 pm

:clap: :clap: Love it! Great design. We could all have something with it on to wear when meeting up so newbies can find us...

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Thanks Ladies,
MD, none that I am aware of at this stage. I will discuss this with our partners. The thanks must really go to them particularly the Advanced BC Group Qld.

I would like to place it in a members section of the forum for download, possibly in the gallery may be the easiest. I will let you know when and where it is placed. You need to have the dst file and also a dgt file as well. You will not be able to see the .dst as only the embroiderer has the software to view it.

If we do have problems in making it downloadable then I can email the file to members.
Janette

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Fri May 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Janette I think it is stunning and captures Janine's echidna perfectly within the other elements. I can't wait to get the digital file and get just the right shirt. I would keep the blue outline as an acknowledgement of men who get breast cancer.

Please pass on my congrats and thanks to the designers for this stunning creation.
Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Fri May 27, 2011 8:59 pm

It is lovely. I think i'd put it on a cap.
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Fri May 27, 2011 8:21 pm

It's fantastic! :clap: Are there any guidelines or a permission process before it's used?
Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

Janette
Forum Legend

Our Logo

Postby Janette » Fri May 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi Ladies,
We have a new Logo designed for Shirts, hats etc for embroidery and also for stickers. Below are photos of an actual sticker and a sample patch of the design.

I do have the digital file which only needs to be taken or sent to an embroiderer which I hope to put on the forum for download by members.

The blue outline is not a part of the design and is optional in that colour or others. You would have to let the embroiderer know what you want.

DSCF0496.JPG

DSCF0494.JPG

DSCF0495.JPG
Janette

Return to “Notices and Information about this forum”