Ding...Round 3

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

wallbanger
Wise one
Wise one

Postby wallbanger » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:53 pm

Good luck Brad and Cathy.

Each one down is one less to get through.

Cathys reaction times seem almost by the book, so that is a good thing I suppose. Stick at it mate.

Dave.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Good luck Brad and Cathy. I too suffered reactions to Taxotere..which worsened with each dose. My breathing was effected as I am asthmatic anyway.I had to stop 5th dose a bit earlier and skipped the 6th altogether as they had exhausted the meds to negate the side effects. I hope this one is plain sailing for you all.
:hugs: :hugs:
DX OCT 08, 9mm Her2+ grade 3 tumour and DCIS. Nodes clear, wide local incision, unclear margins so LB mastectomy, chemo Taxotere Carboplatin Herceptin Tram Flap Nov 2011

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Thanks for the update Brad. I hope this round causes minimal side effects. Thinking of you all. :hugs:
Janette

Dx LCIS Dec 1997, Dx IDC, DCIS, bilateral LCIS Oct 2005 er+pr+her2-
Bilateral Mastectomies, expanders and silicone implants

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:42 am

Brad, wishing you and Cath all the best with the current round. I had a pretty heavy time with Taxol which is in the same family and if she is having a large dose every three weeks, consider having a smaller dose weekly, it is what worked for me. :hugs:

ove99
Guru
Guru

Ding...Round 3

Postby ove99 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 am

Hi guys,

Well we are in Townsville again for round 3 and we are starting to get into the swing of things. Cath seems a bit apprehensive this time as she had a reaction to the taxotere last time.

After 2 rounds we know that she gets worse by the day up until probably day 8 or 9 with the lowest point somewhere between days 5-7 where she is very emotional and just plain sick of being in bed and not able to function. This is the hardest time for me as her support to see her go through it but we battle on!!!

We have organized the kids a bit better this time, Charlotte is in kindy 5 days a week now and our willful little Emily is at day care Wed, Thu, Fri so mum and dad only have the baby.

So that is where we are up to and will post how it all goes today. I hope everyone else is doing well with there battles and fighting the good fight to beat this horrible thing that has come unwelcome into our lives.

Brad

Return to “Partners, family, friends”