My Mum

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TanS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:35 pm

Ok Chrissie............you and I........seahorse tatts...........as much as my DH hates tatts.........I love the idea that male seahorses look after the young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So when I come to Perth............tatts it is.......tell your DH not to hate me though...........lol

Tanya
"Promise me you will always remember:
You're BRAVER than you believe,
and STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."

Christopher Robin said this to Winnie-the-Pooh, written by A. A. Milne in 1926!!

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby molly dooker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:31 pm

Chris

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby TanS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Christopher Robin said this to Winnie-the-Pooh, written by A. A. Milne in 1926!!

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:13 pm

Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby TanS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:13 pm

I am so impressed with your mother for getting a tatt!!! I am so afraid of needles........that aint ever happening here........lol.

Tanya

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:11 pm

I love it and want one, can't decide where to put it though.
Janette

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:53 pm

I think he understands alot better now but ill be going to sit with mum again next chemo session

Lol if only it was the easy with my mum

This is a picture of my mum's tattoo she got when she was first cleared of cancer
Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby TanS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi Becka,

It was great that your brother went........its the unknown that is the scariest. Most of us understand about trying to continue to do everything you did before.........it takes time, but after a while you learn that things can just wait......or let other people help you more.

Hugs
Tanya

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 am

Thanks guys :)

My mum uses the computer and can do things like emailing and she goes on facebook and myspace but forums is what i have to teach her.

I do go and sit with her when she has chemo actually when mum went back to have the 2nd lot of chemo they remembered me and not mum lol we all had a joke about it.I didn't go to the last chemo session with her though my little brother did.He is 16 and was kinda freaked out by it all,if mum was putting her hand's through her hair and getting her hair out he would say "Don't do that it freaks me out" so last chemo session mum asked if he wanted to go and see how things are and he said yes so had the day off school and went.

I do try and help mum out the best i can but at times she is like a bull in a china shop and just wont stop.Mum is the type of person who want's to do everything and is not one for just layin on the bed.At times though that's all she can do.

sue2211
Superstar
Superstar

Postby sue2211 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:27 am

Hi Becka. Sounds like you are a wonderful support for your mum. She is going through a rough trot at the moment, so try to be there for the concrete things like going to chemo with her and making dinner. Wish you both the best. Tell your mum to mention to the oncologist about the loss of balance, it's worth checking out.
sue x
Diagnosed Feb 08. Lumpectomy and 2 sentinel nodes removed - negative. Medullary carcinoma, ER+, PR - , Her2 +.

Jollyjac
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Jollyjac » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 am

Hi beca,
Sounds like your Mum has had a bumpy journey, and I really hope things continue to improve and there are no more set backs, I can imagine it's been very emotional and stressful for all your family.

My Mum is 71 and is great on the computer now, took her a while but once she got the hang of it there has been no stopping her..........it's been a great source of entertainment now she is retired, she shops, books holiday and emails everybody. My Dad who's 77, is a lost cause, wouldn't even know how to switch it on!

Jackie
Dx feb 09, aged 40 triple pos, multifocal 2.1cm, 1.5 cm IDC 2+ nodes
AC x4 Taxol x12 Herceptin Arimidex 1 yr - ceased due to osteoporosis
Zometa x 4, No hormone therapy

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:41 am

Hi Becka, so sorry to hear about your mum not have any reprieve from treatment. It really is the luck of the draw, we have no control of how our treatment treats us sometimes. But the positive good news is it hadn't spread and there are people who have had a re occurrence and gone on to live cancer free for the rest of their lives. You are wonderful in your support of your mum, remember to keep a balance between the two, you need to not get too stressed about what is happening. I know how do you do that? Depending on your age, you could contact Canteen for support or the anti cancer council. Give your mum my regards. Gail

cherub
Superstar
Superstar

Postby cherub » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:43 am

hey becka
I have had trouble with balance
best to get the oncologist to check it out
sometimes all the meds make it difficult to get your balance
take care and show mum how easy it is to be a computer chicky
Jennifer
Primary BC:
DX Apr 06 DCIS Gr3 St2B Oes + Prog + Lump & Aux 1 node+
TX: ECx4, Radio 6.5wks, Port, Taxol x12 & AI'S & have CFS
ABC:
October 08 Mets spine & Chest wall
Dec 08 mets liver - taxotere, xoleda & zometa
Jan 09 PPort - now still on Taxotere 18months
Mediastinum mets are taking my voice away
now for rads x 10 august 2010

Return to “Partners, family, friends”