My Mum

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Re: My Mum

Postby becka » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks girls sooo over it now i am having alot of false starts

We need her to come on her due date which is next thursday so mum can be there if she comes before that then mum can't be in the room when she is born so we all have our fingers crossed :xfingers:
Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:44 am

Oooooh!! How exciting Becka. Don't forget to post some pics please :wink: Good luck to mum with the new chemo and hoping you have a short labour and all goes to plan :wave:

Kerrie
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kerrie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:42 am

How exciting Becka, good luck with the baby.
And best wishes to your Mum too.
DX Oct 2009. 15mm tumour. Grade 2 Stage 2. 2/18 nodes pos. OES/PROG + HER -

Crystalady
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Crystalady » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Becka, I can't believe how fast this time has gone.

It's all very exciting. :v_happy: I hope everything goes well and you have an easy birth.

:hugs: Sandra

I bet your Mum is excited. I know I would be.
First diagnosed in Dec 1998. Thyroid cancer 2006. Thought I was free and clear after 10 years but no, mets in spine in Dec 2008. Femara stopped working October 2010.Was on Aromasin and zometa. Now taking Xeloda and Zometa.Xeloda not working Dec 2011. Tamoxifen started. Feb 2012 Now on Abraxane.

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 pm

Hey girls just checking in and sayin hello hoping you are all doing well.Mum started on a new chemo on thursday fingers crossed.Bubby is due in 2 weeks but can really come any day now. :v_happy:
Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

angel33
Superstar
Superstar

Postby angel33 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Booma

Maybe u r angry because your "world" is threatened. Or maybe the cancer it is a scapegoat for some other frustration in your life.

Anger is part of the grieving process and is normal.

Talking to someone at the Cancer council/ counsellor or trusted friend may help.

Good luck

angel33
EBC 1997, bony mets Dec 2000, liver mets april 2007, chemo since

pamela47
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby pamela47 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:21 am

Hi Boomer,

Maybe you are angry because you now have a "history" so to speak.

I know my daughter was, apart from worrying about me, she could see that she now has to be diligent with keeping a good eye on herself. I asked her why she was angry and that is what she told me. Don't get me wrong, she was and is very compassionate , but couldn't help her feelings - which is understandable.

Cheers, Pam :)
2005 DCIS on RHS - Lumpectomy and Radiotherapy.
In December 2006 another incident of Cancer on LHS - So had a Bilateral
Mastectomy. 13/8/2009 Had a Bilateral Latissimus Dorsi reconstruction.
December 2009 Massive infection in LHS. - out of hospital after 7 days - all's well since then.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Booma,
Lot's of hope. Non sure about the anger, maybe speak to the cancer council, there are brochures for family dealing with bc with a loved one.

Adrenalin kicks in to help those going through it, not so for loved ones. Please let us know how she goes. :hugs:
Janette

booma
Wise one
Wise one

Postby booma » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Thx so much guys - makes me feel way more hopeful.

Question - It's not me with cancer so why am I so angry?

B

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Booma,
No bc is easy but at least DCIS should be curable with no chance of spread. Sounds like Mum is doing pretty well. She is lucky to have your support. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

booma
Wise one
Wise one

Postby booma » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Hi, I'm Booma

My mums in Sydney having Radio - 5th week. She was diagnosed with DCIS grad 2 in late September. Things have kinda been a whirlwind since. She's had 2 lots of surgery but luckily to chemo necessary. Laughing 'bout her blue boob and funky new tatoos - shes 60 last year. She's got a great attitude.

Breaking my heart.

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Mum got back on friday after having spent 2 weeks in townsville having :rads: ..She is doing ok startin to lose her hair but her spirits are high and she still has her sense of humour.Now has a head cold but they going to let her get over that before starting :chemo: again.Other then that she is well and is paitently waiting the arrival of lil miss only 15 weeks to go lol.

MrsO told mum what you said and she said she would love to once she gets herself back together
Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

MrsO
Guru
Guru

Postby MrsO » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi Becka

I am in Glenden (2hrs west of Mackay) and am receiving Herceptin in Mackay every three weeks. If either you or your mum needed to talk with someone, feel free to contact me and we can organise a meet up. I am in town most weeks for a day so I am sure we could organise something. I too had rads (and most of my chemo treatment actually) in Townsville and know the hospital well. They are actually really really lovely staff up there. I am sure you are aware to have the travel subsidy scheme stuff sorted? Do you have somewhere to stay up there? Gulyas Lodge (cancer council qld) is really nice and you only pay for the first four visits/nights in a year. They have a bus that goes out to the hospital too.

Praying for your mum and of course, for you and your baby. xx

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:42 am

Becka, that loss of balance may have nothing to do with mums cancer and needs to be checked out as soon as possible. :hugs:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

Return to “Partners, family, friends”