My Mum

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Thinking of you all. You don't need financial worries on top of anything else.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Gail
Forum Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gail » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:09 am

You poor things, that is so dreadful for you all to have this financial worry. Definitely go the superannuation way if your mum has it. I believe the anti cancer council may be able to help you out with a bill to pay and also contact the salvation army. It is very easy for things to get out of control, you only need one unexpected expense and it snowballs. I hope you an keep it under control now. I wish things could be better for all of you. :hugs:

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TanS » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:13 am

Hi Becka,

I am so sorry that things are so tough at the moment.........having financial stress on top of everything else doesnt help. Have your parents spoken to centrelink.........the cancer helpline might have some more ideas...........or even your local MP.

Take care..........and hopefully things will pick up for you.

Tanya
"Promise me you will always remember:
You're BRAVER than you believe,
and STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."

Christopher Robin said this to Winnie-the-Pooh, written by A. A. Milne in 1926!!

Belinda
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Belinda » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:41 am

Hi Becka

I am sorry things are so tough right now. It must be dreadful having to make those sorts of decisions. I am wondering whether your Mum has any superannuation anywhere? With a prognosis like the one your doctor has written she would possibly be entitled to early access to super - which has only been possible for a couple of years. Otherwise - is it worth trying centrelink? Bx :hugs:
Belinda
Dx 3 Jan 2007, 4x3x3 cm IDC and 2 other tumours 1.5cm each, 6/19+ nodes, ER-, PR-, HER2+, 4 AC, 12 weekly Taxol + herceptin, 30ish rads, Herceptin finished May 08, currently watching a lung nodule.

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates been really emotional here the last few weeks...we nearly got evicted cause we were so far behind rent that we had until last thursday to pay half of it ended up selling our dinning room table and mum and dad's bed to keep the roof over our head and then found out on mum's medical certificate that the doctor wrote it's likely that mum will go down hill in the next 2 years.So we have had alot going on mum has been stressing big time and lost a few kilos think she is down to 47kg but now that everything is sorted she can start relaxing a little more.Other then that she is doing ok.
Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Beats a face painter. :pmsl: Damn, I wish I was coming to Adelaide!! Oh well next time maybe.
Chris

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:49 am

I reckon while the lady is playing the harp at lunch you Adelaide girls could organize some burly bloke with metal in his head to be giving tatts to all the girls after they have had a few. Now that would be an interesting lunch. :clap:

jay66
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jay66 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:54 pm

:-? :pmsl:
Life, Live it.

Dx 7/07 DCIS 2cm, IDC 1.8cm, multifocal. Grade 2/3. 0/7 Nodes. Vascular Lymph Invasion. ER/PR- Her2 +++ under reconstrution lat flap, expanders. C cup

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:20 pm

Chris

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby TanS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm

"Promise me you will always remember:
You're BRAVER than you believe,
and STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."

Christopher Robin said this to Winnie-the-Pooh, written by A. A. Milne in 1926!!

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:51 pm

Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Sorry Becka,
I posted as you posted. I was actually answering Tanya. So I hope you didn't have too much misunderstanding there. Oh dear, better post quickly.
Chris

molly dooker
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby molly dooker » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:46 pm

No hang on a minute, you said you aren't getting a tat! Hang on another minute if I remember rightly from another thread, you have been having a little drinky poohs I think haven't you? We all know how brave that makes us..... :pmsl: :pmsl:
And my DH also, yes he would find out, and yes he would divorce me. (I think) :? Also I've had so many needles lately (oh well I suppose a few more won't make any difference :pmsl: )
Chris

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Thank you chrissie :biggrin:

I want to get a tattoo and already have it all picked out and where i want it

I want to get Love Hope Faith and Courage on the inside of my arms

It symbolises everything you need to get through hard times and i know if you have those 4 you will get by
Hope,Love,Faith,Courage

Return to “Partners, family, friends”