My Mum

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks guy's

I do this cause my mum is not computer literate so i have been telling her and showing her stuff from this.Will set up an account for her soon though and show her what to do

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:07 pm

welcome Becka
Your mum is lucky to have such a caring and proactive daughter! This forum is also for family and friends so ask anything you like or just offload some emotions, concerns etc. you have had a difficult time as a family. I hope things improve soon. Stay strong and continue to be there for each other
:hugs: :hugs: Chris

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TanS » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Becka,

What a difficult time for your mum, you and your family. This is a lovely forum with the kindest and most compassionate women I have come across. You are doing a lot for your mum with your support and just being there for her.

I have no experience with loss of balance, perhaps one of the other ladies on here may have. Has she spoken to her doctor about it? It sounds like something that should be dealt with soon and not left too long.

:hugs:
Tanya

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi Becka,
I'm sorry to hear that your Mum had two lots of bad news. We're here to offer support to you both. I'm sure your Mum really appreciates having such a wonderful supportive daughter. :hugs:
Janette

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby becka » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Mum had a question

Do you guy's have trouble with your balance?

Mum can't stand without leaning to one side and can't walk past a door way without hitting it

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SUE48 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Becka
Sorry to hear about your mum, must be really tough on all of you.
She is very lucky to have a great daughter like you...glad you found us...we are here for both of you anytime
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Becka....You have come to the right place. There is a lot of support here and knowledge from the girls who have gone through similar things.

Hopefully when she feels ready your mum will join up too. Its a great place to discuss everything...including all those little niggling worries that you normally wouldn't ask your Dr. about.

jezza

CazK
Wise one
Wise one

Postby CazK » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:56 pm

You are doing a wonderful thing for your mum by staying strong and being such a great support to her. I wish you mother all the best for her treatments. Stay positive and strong for each other. :hugs:

becka
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

My Mum

Postby becka » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Last year about October my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer,After the shock and telling everyone and the tears
Mum made it her quest to fight .She started chemo which was a hard thing for us all to take in at first with everything you have to do.Mum had 6 chemo treatments & then went off to Townsville to have radiation.That was hard as she was up there for 3 weeks away from all of us and had 6 weeks of radiation in those 3 weeks..About a month after that we recieved the best new's ever Mum was clear of all cancer so after about 2 months of resting,growing her hair back,gaining her strength back she went back to work and all of her work mates had got her a breast cancer survivor ribbon that they all signed and wrote messasages.She even went and got her first tattoo The Pink Ribbon

Was about a month after that mum said she wasn't feeling well and thought she had just cold but the new's would say the cancer was back.After having to go through all the emotions again that same will to fight was back.Mum has now had 2 chemo treatments (mum is recieving the new chemo) but it has hit harder then last time with mum completly losing her hair which i had to shave off which was a surreal moment for me.

The good new's if there is ever good new's in this situation is that the cancer hasn't spread at all and the doctors have said chemo does stop it but once they stop treatment it starts up again.

We do not know what is going to happen next and we try and give her all the support she need's.

Becka

Return to “Partners, family, friends”