Just found out my wife has it too 8-(

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

sue2211
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sue2211 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Diagnosed Feb 08. Lumpectomy and 2 sentinel nodes removed - negative. Medullary carcinoma, ER+, PR - , Her2 +.

TanS
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TanS » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:42 pm

"Promise me you will always remember:
You're BRAVER than you believe,
and STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think."

Christopher Robin said this to Winnie-the-Pooh, written by A. A. Milne in 1926!!

Christine
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Christine » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Christine
Dx 9/2003.Age 40.Triple positive.2.3cm tumor.3/12 + nodes.Mastectomy.Silicone implant.8FEC. Tamoxifen then Arimidex,now Femara.Oophrectomy.Late Herceptin for 2 years,18 mths after chemo,as part of HERA trial.Finished 24/11/07

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

jay66
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jay66 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Life, Live it.

Dx 7/07 DCIS 2cm, IDC 1.8cm, multifocal. Grade 2/3. 0/7 Nodes. Vascular Lymph Invasion. ER/PR- Her2 +++ under reconstrution lat flap, expanders. C cup

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:08 pm

Janette

wallbanger
Wise one
Wise one

Postby wallbanger » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:07 am

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:52 am

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby kiwijan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 am

Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

Marydean
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Marydean » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 am

Dancing through life, healing every cell in my body.

ove99
Guru
Guru

Just found out my wife has it too 8-(

Postby ove99 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:34 am

Hi there,

My name is Brad and my wife (Cathy) and I (we are both 36) found out on Thursday that she has IDC. Its about 3cm and is ER & PR negative. Her2 results aren't back yet. As we are rural (180km west of Mackay) they got us in yesterday for CT and bone scans and to see our surgeon. All moving very fast. Scan results show nodes are involved and my wife's arm pit is swollen and has pain in her left shoulder. The surgeon is reluctant to operate at this stage and sent us to an Oncologist to try and reduce the nodes. The largest one is about 2.5cm.

We saw the oncologist this morning and she is starting TAC chemo tomorrow afternoon. We then went back to our surgeon who organized an mri of the breast as the breast tissue is very dense (the 3cm tumor looks like a couple of little specs on the scans we have) and she also had the heart test done. Lots of test in a short period of time, I'm surprised she isn't glowing in the dark.

So at this point we are having 3 lots of TAC chemo. If the nodes reduce we will have another 3months worth followed by surgery. If they don't reduce we will have the surgery followed I guess by more chemo/radiation and treat it as best we can. So many acronyms etc and I only understand half of what is going on.

What a few days. On top of this we have 3 little girls ages 4 1/2, 22 months and 10 months. Mum and dad have come up to help us out for a while as we are currently in Townsville (4 hour drive from home) and without the girls for the first time.

I have read a few posts and I guess this is the best place I can find to talk and try and get my head sorted out so I can be there for my wife. She has also joined and I guess will start posting once she gets into the swing of things.

So I may have written too much for my first post, but then again I have probably forgotten to mention half of it as well but it is a start and I am feeling a little better by getting it out there.

Well fingers crossed for tomorrow and thanks in advance for reading my post.

Brad.

Return to “Partners, family, friends”