After Op Question

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Wed May 06, 2009 7:28 pm

My hubby was just there to help and support me..cooking meals, taking on my "duties" without complaint. I thanked him during my treatment for his apparent ease with and acceptance of my changed appearance..it was clear to me that it didnt change how he felt about me..and he showed patience and understanding for my tiredness and lethargy...he also fielded calls which I didnt feel strong enough to take (I found it exhausting repeating myself!)
Just be there...as you obviously are!!! Well done..
:wave: Chris
DX OCT 08, 9mm Her2+ grade 3 tumour and DCIS. Nodes clear, wide local incision, unclear margins so LB mastectomy, chemo Taxotere Carboplatin Herceptin Tram Flap Nov 2011

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed May 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Mike,
Stay close by phone, email or what is easiest and communicate your support for what she is going through.
Janette

Dx LCIS Dec 1997, Dx IDC, DCIS, bilateral LCIS Oct 2005 er+pr+her2-
Bilateral Mastectomies, expanders and silicone implants

tanya
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby tanya » Wed May 06, 2009 5:00 pm

Mike

Great that you are trying to support your partner. It is a difficult time for her and for you as well. Not sure where your partner's head is at the moment, there are sooooooooooo many emotions during the whole BC journey. I was still at the p'd off, angry stage after my op. My partner was very supportive and all I can tell you is in my experience what he did for me that made me feel better and made my journey easier.

Depending on the surgery, I had the mastecomy, so felt very unwomanly! so it was important to be told that I was still the öne" despite having my breast removed.

I didn't want to talk to many people at the time, so my husband rang around and stopped people at the front door until I had picked myself up.

I am sure the other loadies will post suggestions but this is just a start.

Good luck to you and your partner.

Tanya

Mike

After Op Question

Postby Mike » Wed May 06, 2009 4:44 pm

How to does your partner feel after the op? obvisisoly sore tired drained & angry?? how to be the best support you can be when you can't physcilay be their to support them during and after the op when you are away?

how do they react and feel during radio therapy? How do you stop feeling useless because you can't stop or take away the pain? what are some things you can do to ease their suffering?

Return to “Partners, family, friends”