Wife just diagnosed ?!?!?

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

gallopinggranny
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby gallopinggranny » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:10 pm

thanks for the update Sammo - if this wasn't a reality before it certainly is now. best wishes to all of you, don't forget you can get help for the girls from the Cancer Council in your State - if you or they, think they need it. hope it won't be long before your wife is back at home - nothing like being around people who love you and want to care for you.Image
Onward and Upward
GG.

cheryl
Founding Member
Founding Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby cheryl » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:37 pm

thanks for keeping us informed Sammo. hope things keep improving. this forum is great for receiving support and our members have lots of knowledge/experience to pass on.
Cheryl

cas145
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cas145 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Sending you and your wife lots of gental :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Cas

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Thanks for the update Sammo. It does get better. Right now it's just one day at a time.

The drains are a nuisance but better the fluid drain into them than into the op site and have to be aspirated continually. I hope she is home soon.

:hugs:
Janette

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby kiwijan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:04 am

I can fully understand that its "easier" [if thats the right word] once tx starts and the waiting stops. All the very best to you, your wife and the girls. :hugs:
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

Janine
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Janine » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:55 am

Hang in there Sammo. Things probably seem a bit tough at the moment but it sounds like you are doing really well.

It's great to hear that your wife is going ok. Yep, your little girls must miss her heaps but they will be fine. They have a strong and caring Dad to look after them.

I hope you have family and/or friends nearby who can help a little too. It can make such a difference.

I'm glad our reconstruction photos were helpful for your wife. It is wonderful to know that having gone through the mill, we can in turn help others who follow.

I wish your wife all the best and hope she is home very soon.

:hugs:
Janine

sue2211
Superstar
Superstar

Postby sue2211 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:49 am

Glad to hear that your wife is getting her head around the surgery. If you need any advise about where to get a wig in Sydney, I know of a lovely understanding and caring lady. Any other questions, or you just need to let it all go, then you are in the right place.
sue x
Diagnosed Feb 08. Lumpectomy and 2 sentinel nodes removed - negative. Medullary carcinoma, ER+, PR - , Her2 +.

sammo
Wise one
Wise one

Postby sammo » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:00 am

Hello again everyone.

I am so glad I found this forum, as it is the ideal outlet for me to type and cry.

My wife is going ok, the girls are getting stressed by mum not being home, but they are coping, just.

My wife's discharge has been delayed, as the 2 drains in her chest and lymph area are draining over 200ml over a 24 hour period and it should be down to 25ml by now.

She is booked in for the full body and bone scan early next week.

I just wish to thank those wonderful and brave ladies who posted their pics on the 'reconstruction' site. It has certainly helped my wife to understand what the 'after surgery' would look like and it appears to have made a difference. Being a big breasted woman, she is still extremely paranoid about the obvious flat spot on the left side, but she is getting better. The Berlie bra, with padding, arrived yesterday, but we will be going to Sydney to get properly fitted and also to find a better looking wig. This is one aspect of country living that makes it hard.

Anyway, just a little update and thanks again to everyone for your support, prayers and kind words.

Doxiamonev
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Doxiamonev » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Sammo,
My best wishes to your wife, yourself & your children :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Your post is so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes :crybaby:
Hugs

Doxia
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." Alphonse Karr

Dx 27.12.07,Gr 3, IDC Lt breast 1cm (Prim Ca) & 2.5cm (L/Node)
Bilateral Mastectomy & tissue expanders inserted, Axc. clearance 1/17+, Triple Neg.Tx 4 AC chemo,12 wkly Taxol (28/7/08)2 yrs NED!

karene8
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

All the best

Postby karene8 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi Sammo,

Sorry I have missed your posts until today as this is not a part of the forum I have visited before. Wow you guys must be feeling like your caught in a whirlwind. It will settle down.

Everything the girls have said is true, it will become more level over time.

Best wishes to you and your wife. I have 2 small children to and it does worry you but follow the doctor's advice and you will be ok.

Love Karen XX

cheryl
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cheryl » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Sammo, hope all goes well with your wife.
Cheryl

sparkles3001

Postby sparkles3001 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:09 pm

Sammo,
I hope she pulls through surgery ok, so sorry to hear that there is so much activity in the nodes. My best wishes to you both, and your littlies.
Sparkles

sue2211
Superstar
Superstar

Postby sue2211 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Glad to hear that you are getting a plan in place. Once you know the results of your pathology, it will determine the treatment your wife needs. Hugs at this time :hugs:
sue x
Diagnosed Feb 08. Lumpectomy and 2 sentinel nodes removed - negative. Medullary carcinoma, ER+, PR - , Her2 +.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:29 pm

Janette

jayem
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jayem » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Jan

Dx 20 Sept 2006, 2 cm IDC + DCIS, 1/16+ node, ER+, PR+, HER2-, 4 AC, 4 Taxol, 33 rads
CFEM Trial 5 years Arimidex, 5 year SOLE trial Femara
Dx Aug 2016 neuroendocrine cancer in pancreas, mets to liver, abdominal nodes, hip, skull, scalp and breast.

Return to “Partners, family, friends”