need to vent

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Samantha37
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Samantha37 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:39 pm

:hugs: to you abcd

Even if we all dont kno EXACTLY what you're going thru right now, we are here to listen...VENT away!

I too have had it with my selfish 17yo DD, I'm sure she thinks my hair fell out thru natural causes and I lay on the couch one week of every 3 just for the hell of it and that her Aunty just had her mastectomy and recon cos she didnt like her boobs where they were....seriously, they can be totally up themselves!

Take care and dont forget....DEEP BREATHE!
Sam xx
Dream. Believe. Discover. Create. Inspire. Conquer.

cas145
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cas145 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:06 pm

abcd how are you going hope you have found some help, keep popping in here we will try and help :hugs: Cas

karyng
Guru
Guru

Postby karyng » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:17 pm

hi abcd

when my my died on mothers day 2006, i lost the plot for a little while ( i think it may have something to do with my last grandparent dying 4 weeks before my mum) and not having any support from from my partner of 16 years, who told me on the 1st anniversary to "get over it" - ie the death of my mother, and every time i went to see my dad, i would go alone - my partner didn't want to go with me - he was more worried about his motorbikes. I felt lost, angry, in denial and ultimately, i was depressed all the time. i didn't see a councellor because i was too worried about how my brothers, dad and my little niece who was my mum's "special little angel", would cope. I did read though and read a great book called grief grieving. IT helped me understand what i was going through, and all the differnet emotions that i was feeling. THere were many times where i thought "what was the point - mum's not here", but i kept on thinking of my dad, brothers and their kids and they keep me going (plus the most wonderful man - i ditched the first one last year after he said some rather nasty things to me and i moved out)

MY mum had breast cancer, and i have had test after test, and everything is clear at the moment. The girls on this forum have really helped me through the tough times and without them, i would not be here.

i really don't know what to say, but i know partly what your going through.

:hugs:

hang in there - if you want, you can message me.

k
when the wind blows, that's mum's way of giving me a hug.

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jaybee » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:35 pm

abcd, this is really messing with alot of late isnt it?. I know that when I did my genetics they offfered me a councellor if I was in need, when you go to your appointment please bring it up with them. All that is going through your head at the moment is completely understandable and the people at the genetics understand how doing this can be upsetting and overwhelming. The fear of (which has been very predominant since joining) what if I get cancer like my other family members, the feeling of helplessness with your sister and you are right it can really turn you into a cynical, nasty, snappy human being. I know that when I lost a friend not so long ago my vented up anger turned me into someone I didnt like and everyone around me suffered terribly but because they loved me and knew that it was spinning me out they were patient,which in turn made feel so guilty again for being such a biatch. Dear lady you really need to get it out in the open before it takes over. Feeling these feelings of guilt can drive you crazy. I hope this makes sense and if you need to pm pls do :hugs:

cas145
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cas145 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:23 pm

:hugs: ABCD can you try and talk to the Breast Care Nurse or even the Socil Worker at the Oncon where your Mum gets her treatment. :hugs: Cas

chris
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby chris » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:16 pm

ABC I cant seem to get a grip on what your problem is. So there is very little to reoly to. Chris

abcd

need to vent

Postby abcd » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:53 pm

I'm not the one with the cancer but i'm having a hard time dealing with this mets issue. how do you choose a counsellor? I saw a psych last year under themental health care plan but her field wasn't cancer specific (and there were all sorts of other things running around in my head she seemed to find!) and I don't really think we touched on this issue properly.
i'm thinking i may need to see someone after my gc risk assessment next week. Just to find out how to deal withcertain situations, how to help, what to do.....even stuff like when i'm at work and someone is being really rude or unreasonable sometimes its all I can do not to say to them you know what - this is a load of cr*p because i've got bigger problems than this.........rant......rant......rant. and when the kids are selfish i just keep wanting to say there's plenty of people off a lot worse than you you know! feel like i'm turning into a really grumpy so and so which doesn't help anyone! when i saw my sister the other day my kids didn't even ask why she had no hair, just another aunty who takes that really strong medicine that makes your hair fall out.....this is cr*p. sorry I know others are worse off then me but I have no other place to vent at the moment.

Return to “Partners, family, friends”