to test or not to test

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
abcd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby abcd » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:25 pm

thanks, yest you're right, if she's negative then its not an issue.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:28 pm

Janette

cas145
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cas145 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:07 pm

:hugs: abcd I was not offered it when first dx as no family history however I was able to have a meeting with genetics Dr after second dx, I have not at this stage had any testing I can down the track if I feel the need ( I do have 4 daughters ) 19, 13, 10 & 9 . :hugs: Cas

abcd

to test or not to test

Postby abcd » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:51 pm

I have recently found out that my sister has tested for the gene but don't know results as yet. up till now i have been quite happy to be 'unable' to be tested as no 'affected' family member had yet tested (I have not had cancer but others have). now the question rears its ugly head again and I really don't know what to do. i don't think i would handle a +ve result very well emotionally as i already flit between anxiety and mild depression. i think it would play on my mind continually and make me quite unable to handle day to day stuff.
for those who were 'borderline' i.e. not sure what to do, how did you arrive at your decision.

Return to “Partners, family, friends”