single parents

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

Linda M
Your Maj
Your Maj
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

thanks - we are not alone!

Postby Linda M » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 am

Hi

Many thanks Nickykim, Adelaidekat & cas145

Its great to know that we are not the only ones living with BC single parenting.

I have been by myself now for just over 3 years, but this was the end of my second marriage, it should have ended many years before it did. Alcohol played a big part in the marriage ending. I told him he was making me sick - what I didn't realise that the stress had already contributed. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 BC 9 months later.

All 3 of us were very relieved when we relocated to a small rented house. We could sleep and we all felt free.

Managing out of school activites this year has been easier as Louise is now driving and she can help with taking Bec to activities.

I don't worry as much now about the girls as much as I did when I was diagnosed. I know that Louise is old enough to care for Bec when I die. The way I am going it won't be for years yet - I hope.

I have many friends in Newcastle, but my dear old friends live in the bush (Tamworth & Port Macquarie) - they are alway great and listen to my winges on the end of the phone.

Look forward to communicating more with you all

Cheers
Linda :wave:

nickykim
Enlightened one
Enlightened one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby nickykim » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:35 am

Hi Linda

I also am a single mother with a 15 y.o. daughter, working full time at management level. Have been solo for the past four year (and may as well have been for the past 10). I think is hard when you know your kids other parent has no capacity to look after their long-term future (and sometimes even their immediate future :roll:

I am sure it is easier for me with only one to chase around / drop off / worry about than those of you with 2 or more. Like the others, if you need a chat pm me.

NKim
dx 10/07 IDC 2.8mm 9/21 nodes, ER+ PR+, Her2-, tx mastectomy + ALND, 6 TAC, 25 rads, tamoxifen 2 year, Arimidex from April 2010, Zometa x 2 p.a. for 3 yrs, DIEP 12/08, mini LD flap to fix DIEP issues,

adelaidekat
Been there, done that
Been there, done that

Postby adelaidekat » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi Linda, I'm a single mum to a 16 year old boy. I've been single for the large part of a few years. Have been quite happy single most of the time, but I have to admit that over the last few months I have sometimes thought it would be nice to have a partner to share things with...... you know, those times when you might be a bit scared and upset and it's the middle of the night. I've had a couple of close girlfriends that have been really good, although I probably still keep a lot inside me a lot of the time. They have been really good........ they checked in daily during chemo to make sure i was ok and check if I needed anything, or wanted a chat. I'm sure if I'd called them in the middle of the night they would have been fine too, but I never did that.

I don't have advanced, but if you ever feel like a chat with me just pm me your email address and/or phone number and I'll give you a call or drop you an email.

This forum is always great too Linda. It's like having a whole lot of close friends you can share, laugh, cry, yell with.... use us. :grouphug:
Katrina

Dx June 2007, er/pr +, her2 -, 6.5cm tumour left breast, left mastectomy, 4/8 + nodes, chemo 3 x FEC and 3 x Taxotere, Rads 33 (25 + 8 boosters finished Feb 08) & Tamoxifen commenced Jan 08.

cas145
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cas145 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:59 pm

:wave: Hey Linda I'm a single mum with 3 daughters at home and my 19 yr old is living with her bf I have been out on my own since about July last yr but really have been raising my girls on my own for much longer the ex is a alcoholic, before I was dx in 06 I had asked him to leave but he was not going to go easy then dx march 06 so he stayed yes he helped in the house with the every day chores but that was all no emotional support at all, if I was having a bad day and was crying he would ask whats up now I would tell him and his answer was well what do you want me to do about it. I went back to work Oct 06 and once againg asked him to leave but no I need him was his words so it took a long time and eventually a worning from the police he finally move out last july 2 months after my 2nd dx and it was hard but also a lot eaiser. So thats been my life and now its a struggle but most of the time we are fine just hard at time as youngest dd is adhd so we have some issues. However today I had a lovely day with 13yr dd at her zone swimming carnival. If you ever need to chat Im here if you would like I can pm you my phone number. :hugs: Cas

Linda M
Your Maj
Your Maj

single parents

Postby Linda M » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:37 pm

I am a single mum with advanced breast cancer, I have 2 girls 9 & 17

Just wandering are there any other single mums out there?

Would love to hear from you

How do you cope - who do you share your experience with?

I just crave someone to share the ups and downs with sometimes.

Look forward to hearing from you

"Make the most of each day"
Cheers : wave:

Linda

Return to “Partners, family, friends”