Gift Ideas

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Re: Gift Ideas

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:15 pm

It sounds like you’re sorted with the grip socks. I received hand cream and similar pampering goods.the best gift is probably your time and listening ears. I’m sure you are giving those already :hugs:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:03 pm

The grip sock slippers sounds lovely Bec. Quilts cost a lot if you're not a quilter.

Even knitted squares made into a knee rug are a great idea, they are often donated to hospitals etc. I was in a rehab ward after breaking an ankle and loved the rug which was on the bed.
Janette

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby The new girl » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:26 pm

:wave: hi Bec,I don't know the ages you are wanting to buy a gift for but for me I loved the pampering gift ideas
So a nice hand cream,scarf,nail polish perfume. It's very thoughtful of you to want to get a gift.
Rosa

bec

Postby bec » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:10 pm

thanks so much Janette, that's a nice idea although I'm not very crafty! but a nice blanket or quilt would be a lovely idea. I have found some really lovely bamboo grip sock slippers on amazon - I haven't received them yet so I'll post back here if they're any good and if Mum and co. love them.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi Bec
It's difficult to know what to suggest and probably something suitable for one may not suit others. I have heard of patchwork quilts being gifted to ladies with a BC diagnosis.

I hope your Mum and neighbours do well. :hugs:
Janette

bec

Gift Ideas

Postby bec » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi all,

My mum and 2 separate neighbours have all been recently diagnosed with breast cancer all within about 2 months and I wanted to get something for them all as a gift.

Can you all chip in and tell me what a great gift was for your loved one - or yourself whilst going through treatment?

I want to get something meaningful and that they can use rather than just flowers and a card which I will do also.

Thanks so much in advance for your ideas!

Bec

Return to “Partners, family, friends”