How this affects us all

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby jaybee » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:28 pm

loocy
Enlightened one
Enlightened one

Postby loocy » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:27 pm

cas145
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby cas145 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Ann
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby Ann » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:34 pm

Carpe Diem

lesleydonna
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby lesleydonna » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Lesley
"Let your hook be always cast. In the pool where you least expect it, will be fish."

natalie
Hot-shot
Hot-shot

Postby natalie » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:21 pm

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jaybee » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:04 am

Thanks for your suggestions Chris, I know many times I have tried to broach the subject with him and he says he just doesn't want to talk about it and I don't push it.
Hopefully his girlfriend will help him to bring it out in the open and I think too he needs a professional who is removed from the emotions of it all to help him unseat all the built up emotions within him.

Thanks for your suggestion too Jennifer but I dont think he would go to canteen he more likely to go to see someone one on one.

:hugs: Jaybee

cherub
Superstar
Superstar

Postby cherub » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:04 pm

how old is your son
maybe canteen might be able to help
the ages go from 12 - 25
:heart:
jennifer
Jennifer
Primary BC:
DX Apr 06 DCIS Gr3 St2B Oes + Prog + Lump & Aux 1 node+
TX: ECx4, Radio 6.5wks, Port, Taxol x12 & AI'S & have CFS
ABC:
October 08 Mets spine & Chest wall
Dec 08 mets liver - taxotere, xoleda & zometa
Jan 09 PPort - now still on Taxotere 18months
Mediastinum mets are taking my voice away
now for rads x 10 august 2010

chris
Founding Member
Founding Member

Postby chris » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:02 pm

I would suggest to let his girlfriend broach the subject in a comfortable way with you , her & him sitting around with a coffee or drink. Let him then tell you how he felt in the past then lead the conversation to the present. If he realy is suffering mood swings then it would be advisable for him to see a proffessional BUT make sure it is someone accredited not just a counciler. You need to reassure him that the CA issue is yours not his & that you love him for being so concerned now & in the past but no matter how much he is worried for you it is still your issue all be it involving the WHOLE family not just him. Hope this gives you some ideas. Best whishes Chris

jaybee
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

How this affects us all

Postby jaybee » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:36 pm

I am now three years post tx and so far everything is going ok :xfingers: I am worried for my eldest son as his gf made a comment to me the other day.

She said " that he suffers from alot of mood swings and has commented to her that he still hasn't overcome his fear of his mother's cancer returning"

I thought that he coped quite well ( I know he struggled with it like everybody else) but he has apparently said that he felt being the eldest that he had to carry his younger brothers and be strong for everything and everybody. These comments have really made me feel so sad and guilty that he feels like this.

His girlfriend has suggested that he sees someone to overcome these feelings and I havent brought the subject up with him as I dont want to embarass him.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I bring it out in the open or just let him and his girlfriend work through it?

I am open to suggestions.

Return to “Partners, family, friends”