Mum passed away

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SUE48
Superstar
Superstar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mum passed away

Postby SUE48 » Sun May 25, 2014 10:59 pm

So sorry to hear this Leash, our parents are so special, especially our dear Mums xx :hugs:
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun May 25, 2014 7:45 pm

I am so sorry to read this Leash. You loved your mum so much and you were an amazing support and comfort to her. :hugs: as much as you will miss her, I know from watching my dad suffer, there is also relief that the suffering is over. Hang on to your memories and comfort yourself by knowing you did all you could for mum. Please let us know how you are going :hugs:

Angela
wasn't born yesterday
wasn't born yesterday

Postby Angela » Sun May 25, 2014 9:35 am

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Dx April 2001 Grade 2 DCI. L lumpectomy. All 33 nodes removed clear
6/52 radiotherapy June 2001.Tamoxifen for 6 years.
Yearly mammograms always clear.
Dx January 2013 extensive bone mets, lung mets and metastatic pleural infusion.
On Arimidex and Xgeva.

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby kiwijan » Sun May 25, 2014 7:39 am

:hugs: from me
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

The new girl
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby The new girl » Sun May 25, 2014 3:29 am

:hugs: leash,so sorry to hear this. May mum rest in peace.and I hope you have comfort in knowing mum is suffering no more from this rotten disease,it's hard to lose someone you love,especially your best friend :hugs: ...Rosa

chrismelb
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby chrismelb » Sat May 24, 2014 10:49 pm

Leash, i am so sorry to read about your Mum. May she rest in peace
Dx 9/03 EBC
5/12 ABC bones-Herceptin,Tamox&Zometa
8/12 Liver mets-Abraxane,Herceptin&Zometa
6/13 Xeloda/Tykerb Xgeva
11/14 TDM1 Xgeva
1/15 Rads to tumour in head
2/16 Whole brain rads lepto. mets, continue TDM1
8/16. Navelbine, Herceptin
1/17 Neratanib Xeloda & Herceptin.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat May 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Leash
I'm so sorry to hear that your Mum passed away. It's terribly sad to lose your Mum and best friend at once. My Mum was my best friend as well. She is at peace now and no more pain. :rose: :hugs:
Janette

ruth1
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby ruth1 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Leash I really feel for you at this very sad and difficult time. Losing your beloved Mum is the hardest thing to go through. Suffering this dreadful disease with all the awful things that it brings is so hard for all concerned. You have cared for your Mum during this time and I am sure you would have made her life much easier.

I cared for my Mum through this disease and when she left us I found it terribly difficult Its a long time ago now but I think of her all the time as you will with your Mum. You will miss her badly. :hugs:
Dx IDC 2cm grade 3 ER/PR pos. DCIS grade 3, fam hist metastatic BC. Bi lat mastectomy, FEC x 4, surgical revision pending. AI x 5 yrs Femara

Leash1986
Guru
Guru

Mum passed away

Postby Leash1986 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello ladies,

So sad to report that mum passed away last Monday. In the end her liver failed couldn't cope with anymore drugs. She went quick and peacefully. She ways said if she was ever bed ridden she would rather go and so she did. 7 year battle from initial breast cancer. I loved her so much. She was not only my mother but my best friend. We farewelled her yesterday.

Return to “Partners, family, friends”