A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Newbie

Postby jezza » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:55 pm

yes Bec Tracey is right. Its good to discuss treatments etc with others going through the same thing....especially with managing side effects etc. if your mum feels comfortable using a computer.

It is such a strain on families when they are living apart. My family live in Tasmania...not so far away but you still can't just pop in with a meal or just to say hello. I felt very torn when my mum had a stroke some years ago.

Very tough time for you all...just vent any time here.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

liv
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby liv » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:13 pm

welcome :hugs:

horrible news :(
the best place to be is here for support and info :heart:

x

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 am

Hi Bec welcome to the forum, this is a great place to vent, find information and support. You should encourage your mum to come to the Advanced Breast Cancer forum. It is very difficult for doctors to give time lines as breast cancer is not one homogenous disease. I called my oncologist Dr Doom and Gloom in the beginning as he thought my prognosis was not good but I am coming up to my fifth anniversary with mets in November. There are many treatments that could give your mum a long time. Sending you a hug Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:52 am

Hi Bec,
Welcome to the forum. It's great to see you post.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your Mum's diagnosis. I'm not sure that timelines are all that helpful. Everyone's disease varies and I know of people given less that a year, living much longer. It must be so difficult with Mum so far away and young children.

You've found a great place for support and to vent as much as you need. Please continue to let us know how Mum is going. :hugs:
Janette

Nuubec
Wise one
Wise one

Postby Nuubec » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 am

Hi all.....wanted to say hi. My mum was diagnosed with her2 positive breast cancer 4.5 years ago, which when they found it had already travelled to her lymph nodes. She had a mastectomy, lymph node removal, chemo and radiation, and we thought we had seen the last of it, she was approaching that magic five year mark.

Last week we found out that the cancer is back, in her lungs (quite extensively we believe) and around her heart. Regular blood tests didn't find it.

Obviously the prognosis is not good, and we are all devastated. Mum right now is in hospital as one of her lungs collapsed, the same day we found out it was back.

My parents live in nz, I live here with my Aussie husband and our three kids, and we just spent the last five days in Auckland. Without the kids obviously, since they are all pre school age.

So....really just looking for somewhere to vent, for advice, not sure what I need really, we have no clear picture still of what time she may have left but I am starting to think the doctors don't want to put a figure on it.

Anyway....my name is bec, look forward to talking with you all.

Return to “Partners, family, friends”