Friend wants to create a 'fabulous moments memory album'

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

clanger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Friend wants to create a 'fabulous moments memory album'

Postby clanger » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi there,

I am really new to this forum but so glad I found it! My friend Lucy has recently been diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer. Another friend emailed all 'the girls' to start thinking about putting together an album of funny and nice moments that we can remember about Lucy to give to her as she goes through treatment.

I was mortified when I read the email as to me it sounds like we are saying that she wont make it. I have canvassed a few people around the office and they agree with me. I have also tried researching a few sites and cannot find anywhere that suggests a similar idea.

Am I wrong to think this is a bad idea?? I would really appreciate feedback, experiences, links to sites that suggest a good way of doing this etc. Also...how do I tell the girlfriends that I don't agree with the idea without offending what was supposed to be so well intentioned?

Thanks for reading this...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Partners, family, friends”