New to forum saying Hi

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

peter
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: New to forum saying Hi

Postby peter » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:35 am

My wifes Father passed away last Tuesday ,with all his family around his bed,we said a prayer in Hungarian and one in English then he passed, RIP Papa you will be missed.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:50 pm

SueM44
Been there, done that
Been there, done that
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SueM44 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi Peter
Welcome from me too.
I hope joining helps your wife's journey a little bit easier.
A few of us on the forum have 'other halves' that are Peters too. :pmsl:
Sue :)
dx Jan 2010 7mm IDC Grade 2. ER+ PR+ HER- had WLE and SNB in Jan followed by 30 rads. Hysterectomy May 2010. Genetic testing revealed BRCA 2 September 2010
Bilateral Mastectomy & Immediate Reconstruction Nov 2011

angel33
Superstar
Superstar

Postby angel33 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Hi Peter
I hope the forum helps make your journey easier. :D
Having a supportive partner/family is invaluable...especially when times are tough.
Thinking of you all at this challenging time :grouphug:
angel33
EBC 1997, bony mets Dec 2000, liver mets april 2007, chemo since

peter
Wise one
Wise one

Postby peter » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement, it seems that everything comes at the same time, as I said my wife ,Dawn, is doing radiation at the moment and her dad is now in Palliative care with a short time left he has stomach cancer, this is so hard for her and for me, he is such a good man coming to this country from Yugoslavia in 1970 with a wife and 10 and a 12 year old child.I have known this family since 1978 when we meet as teenagers,and marrying in 1983,I could never imagine me as a family man in my late 30s moving to the other side of the world without knowing any English at all, but thats what he did for a better life for his kids,to watch the life in him fade is hard.My wife has shown great strength over the last 7 months something I see in the ladys on this forum.

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:20 am

Welcome Peter. Having a supportive partner and family makes so much difference. Your wife is a lucky lady. It sounds like she has gone through most of hr treatment. She will be very tired for sometime to come. It takes a long time to feel semi normal again, or what we call our new normal, we are never the same again. I have met some amazing people via this forum. It has been a huge support. We have lots of laughs too :wave:

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:56 pm

Just wanted to add my welcome too Peter! The forum is a great place to come for information and support.

Tracey

dawny
Wise one
Wise one

Postby dawny » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Welcome Peter

Yes, there some funny things on this site! he he
Dawn
Dx May 2011 Stage 1V mets to lung, chest and neck Abraxane 3 weeks on 1 week off for 16 weeks, Herceptin every 3 weeks, Scans Sept 2011 show NED! Brain MRI Dec 2011 - clear, CT/bone scans Dec 2011 show NED!
March 2012 axillary node, watching and waiting. May 2012, plus chest node, need a new plan!

peter
Wise one
Wise one

Postby peter » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Thanks jezza,my wife isn't a forum person (I am in a number of car and cycling forums)but I will tell her if I see something interesting ,we were both laughing at the on line dating thread yesterday. :pmsl:

kiwijan
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby kiwijan » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:05 pm

welcome from me too :hugs:
Stage 1; Grade 11; bc. ER/PR positive; lumpectomy and rads. Finished 5yrs of tamoxifen on 1/11/10

jezza
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby jezza » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi Peter...and welcome!

Good news that your wife's chemo regime has now finished and I hope she does well with her rads. She may like to join the forum herself or at least read some of the posts, especially "Members Suggestions On What Helped Them Through Radiation". Its good to chat with others who have gone through the same thing.

Its great that you have the support of your family.

Any questions that you have...just ask. The forum members are always ready to help whenever they can.

jezza
Dx Jan. 1992 9mm Grade 3 IDC node neg. LB mast. Prophylactic RB mast. 6 months later. No chemo. No rads. Saline implants. 22 years NED. (No Evidence of Disease)

peter
Wise one
Wise one

New to forum saying Hi

Postby peter » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:19 pm

New to the forum and would like to say Hi ,I am the partner in this adventure ,the guy who is on the front line but I not alone as we have two boys (21 and 23)and thier girl friends who have been wonderfull.
my wife was diagnoised in June with a left masectomy in July and Chemo starting in August finnishing in December and now we are into radiation with 3 down and 17 to go.Her hair is growing back now and she looks a bit like a punk.
I have been looking over the forum for a some time and decided to share my story I have been impressed with the strength of the ladys and their partners in seeing the lighter side of cancer,I may not post to often but will be keeping an eye at the posts. :wave:

Return to “Partners, family, friends”