New to forum saying Hi

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

Janette
Forum Legend

Re: New to forum saying Hi

Postby Janette » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi Peter,
Great to hear that Dawn is doing so well. :clap:
Janette

peter
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby peter » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:09 pm

All is well with Dawn, she is now taking part in a study being run by a PhD student who is looking into the effects of weight training and it's bearing on lady's recovery and resistance to breast cancer returning, I think that right!, she goes to the Uni gym three days a week to do weight lifting and pressers if nothing else she will get a bit fitter :v_happy:

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 pm

We can certainly relate to lost friends/members. I am happy to hear Dawn is doing well :clap:

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Peter,
Very sad when you lose a member of a support group and no less so when you lose a member of the forum.

I'm a committee member of a support group and we've lost 3 lovely ladies in a year. I must say I feel the loss of members here every bit as hard as those I have met.

It's so good to hear that things are going well for Dawn. :grouphug:
Janette

Gail
Forum Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gail » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:07 am

Hi Peter, just caught up on this thread, happy you had a laugh on my dating experience :D you sound very supportive for your wife nd family which is lovely to hear. Great to her all is well :clap:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

peter
Wise one
Wise one

Postby peter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Just to check in after many months,all is going well for Dawn had a lymphadema check up today and no change :v_happy: but on a sad note she lost one of her friends from her support group recently and just 40 years old it makes you think how short life is and to live every second to the full.

Tracey Gibney
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby Tracey Gibney » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:29 am

Peter thanks for the update. Sounds like Dawn is doing well. Great that you were able to raise so much money. Cheers Tracey
EBC 94 aged 34. Mastectomy CMF, tamoxifen. Mets 07 brachial plexus, supra clavicular node, sternum. Treated with AI's Rads x3 Ooph 09. 2014 met to chest wall,surg, rads. 12/14 Multiple bone mets, rt axillary nodes further recurrence chest wall. Failed on Faslodex. 8/15 Ibrance

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Peter,
Thanks for the update. Sounds like Dawn is recovering ok. Very sad about your MIL. :grouphug:
Janette

peter
Wise one
Wise one

Postby peter » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:59 am

Hi everyone , well my mother in law has had her hip done and is doing well in that area,but now she has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's so we will need to look into the best way to care for her. Yesterday we celebrated my fathers 80 th birthday and he wanted the guests to donate to a breast cancer charity rather than bring a gift so we put out a box with some pink ribbons and raised 700 dollars . That's about it for now Dawn is doing fine she just started a new job in optics working three days a week it's a much busier practice than she was at before but it's only ten minutes from home.

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:11 am

I hope your dear Wife and Mother in Law recover quickly from their surgeries. Running between hospitals can't be pleasant and I hope things get easier for you all soon. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 pm

:wave: Peter Another hurdle jumped, life keeps moving forward doesn't it. Hoping your wife is feeling ok and not worrying about her mum too much. Everything always seems to happen at once :hugs:

peter
Wise one
Wise one

Postby peter » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:03 pm

It's been a while since I posted how my lovely lady is doing. Well two weeks ago she had a hysterectomy and is recovering very well, the doctors hope this will help her resistance to the cancer returning as it stops the girlie hormones feeding the cancer. To make things more complicated her mum had a hip replacement the day before her operation so I was keeper busy going between RPA and Concord hospitals,Dawn is the principal carer for her mum so we put her mum into a Hungarian nursing home for a few months.well that's about it the next thing she will be thinking about is a reconstruction operation maybe next year. Hope all you lady's are doing well also and your family and friends are supporting you in you journey.

peter
Wise one
Wise one

Postby peter » Sun May 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi Bruce

Yes us blokes have the challenge of keeping our lady's spirits up and feeling positive, not a easy task at times. Are you a Father,Husband,Brother or friend ? .My wife Dawn is a few months finished her treatment and now learning to monitor and prevent lymphadema in her arm we have lots of massages and apparell to help, so far so good, she has become involved with a Breast cancer support group in our area and in with the "youngie" group going to the movies, walking, and evening dinners once a month she went last Saturday night and when she got home said she hadn't laugh so much in a long time.

BruceP
Wise one
Wise one

Postby BruceP » Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Peter,

Just thought I would say G,day to you .. us blokes need to get together more often and share stories . Sorry to hear about your loss ... glad to hear your wife is doing well.

Cheers ..Bruce

angel33
Superstar
Superstar

Postby angel33 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 am

I'm so glad to hear your wife is going so well. :clap:

She is lucky to have you by her side to help make her journey easier.

The treatment is over, but the last months will have changed your "norm" . There may be bumps along the road but this is the new "norm"

Take care

angel33
EBC 1997, bony mets Dec 2000, liver mets april 2007, chemo since

Return to “Partners, family, friends”