hello I am a carer

A place for partners, family and friends to share experiences and information.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Faith2020
Wise one
Wise one
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: hello I am a carer

Postby Faith2020 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 pm

It gives me a warm feeling to know that there are good people out there, willing to give up what they have to be there for the ones they love during these times. I know what it is like to care for someone who is ill. I cared for my mother for 12 months while she battled the disease. I gave up my job, my social life, my hobbies, my sleep...everything to give what I could to my mum. God bless you for doing such a great job.

srichard

Postby srichard » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Thank you Sue you are very kind
I may have deliberately left behind my boy Ivan he is a lovely youngster now but autistic or mild autistic now we love him to bits he is so cool calm and collected he is our only hope I am training him as much as I can. My wife keeps on blaming herself for that and this has been one of my hardest father roles to play juggling between my wife health and well beign and my young toddler (at time of diagnosis)life condition a very tough act to follow not taking into account my own health issues in the last three years.
Please God forgive my sins if I ever an committed an unforgivable one

SUE48
Superstar
Superstar

Postby SUE48 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:41 pm

hi srichard,
your wife and you are true inspiration to us all.
welcome to our forum, so glad you found us.
Yes, this BC journey is a tough one, but with our family and carer's close by. it does make it easier.
Please let your wife know we are thinking of her...take care
Regards
Sue
Always face the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind

srichard

Postby srichard » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Thank you for the welcoming Jetj and schoolteacher

Janette
Forum Legend

Postby Janette » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi Srichard,
Welcome to the forum. Lovely to see you post. Carers are very special and we've been fortunate enough to have contact with some wonderful men who have supported their wifes over the years. I hope you enjoy the forum. Also that your wife is doing well. :hugs:
Janette

schoolteacher
Forum Queen
Forum Queen

Postby schoolteacher » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Hello and welcome..it sounds as if you and your wife have been dealing with bc for many years..You are so right...treatment and facilities have improved so much over the years. :wave:

Gail
Forum Legend

Postby Gail » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:46 am

Hi s.richard. Welcome to the forum and I hope you and your wife can share in the wonderful community we have here. :grouphug:
"You Gotta Laugh!"

Gail

Diagnosed April 2006,Lumpectomy,17 of 25 nodes positive, chemo, radiation. Finished treatment March 07
Diagnosed July 2012 cancer of mediastinal(nodes around lungs and heart)pelvis and spine. Up for the fight!

srichard

Postby srichard » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:33 am

Thank you LorenM for your kind comments
I did the best i could given the circumstances
Indeed medicine as hospitals in the past were not as easy to to take and technology advances so to delivery methods have improved a lot.
A little story when my wife first went in Moorabbin hospital it was a frightening lonely place there must have been something like twenty patients in the whole hospital no chemo section no radiation most of the wards beds were not in use a very cold and dark place just operating theatres. Look at it now chemo.radiation and hundreds of patients a day unbelievable hub of activity in the fight against cancer.

LorenM
Wise one
Wise one

Postby LorenM » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:58 am

Thank-you thank-you thank-you. Without carers our journey would be even tougher.
I too am blessed by a wonderful, thoughtful and patient husband. As well as three beautiful boys, who I will add, became extremely protective of me during treatment. I don't know about your wife, but I found that there were a lot of ignorant people out there who would try to give me advice about something they knew nothing about but "they heard" or "you'll get really sick with chemo because my friend's mother's aunty was", which would reall pee me off. And while I wouldn't want to go through it again, for ME and I stress ME, it wasn't too bad.
So again I say thanks to you carers who really know how we are travelling and who believe us when we say feeling great today or feeling crappy.
Be strong

Loren
Dx 29/1/2009 ILC 12mm, ER+/PR+/HER2+, Node-
Taxotare,Carboplatin,Herceptin finished 23/2/2010
Dbl prophylactic mast, implants, nipple recon and tatt

srichard

hello I am a carer

Postby srichard » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:33 am

Hi all
Fist of all I have joined the community mainly to give back a message of hope
My wife was diagnosed with cancer and terminally ill twice but she is alive of course much of the her and our journey wasn't without tears and pain but if there is a will there is hope.
I have assisted my wife as much as I possible could and still assisting her as a carer as she did not come out of her struggle all that fit of course she has both scars emotional and physical ones.

Return to “Partners, family, friends”